Request match postponement option would be nice.

So my team is in the happy position of being at a point where they have 3 matches in 9 days time, the third game is a Cup semi-final and it's on the same day I have 5 first team players away for international play.

It would be so nice to have the option to at least request a move of big matches like that, even if the request is denied at times the option is better then nothing. I don't know what changes are coming in FM11 but if it's not in there I'd think it would be worth consideration.

I mean your in a position you're team is going to be dead tired and/or risk losing a match just to keep key members rested, and that's if you keep your players back from international duty. If you don't keep them back because it's good experience, especially for young players, then you have all those players gone.

I know the game will automatically postpone matches due to international call ups at times, but it seems there either aren't enough players or enough international games to warrant that in this instance.

So what do the rest of you think? Not to much to ask when clubs can do this IRL.

it should be there providing its coded to only aloow certain circumstances to postpone and not just cause you have a alot of games at one time.

I think, and suggested many times over the years, you should have the option of not postponing if you want. I was in the situation where i was playing the team coming 2nd (i was 1st) and i had 1 player out on international duty, they had all 3 of their top scorers out injured and cause i had one away it postponed the match and they had all 3 back. i would have rathered played without mine to play themn without their 3!

so yer i agree, maybe a news item saying that a postponment has been offered 'accept or decline' or be able to ask the FA to postpone.

The option to request postponements used to be in earlier versions.

It did, and I often used to request it, but without success.

I think the game does a decent job of juggling fixtures at the moment, and sometimes it really isn't possible to re-schedule fixtures without causing a pile up at the end of the season.

Fixture congestion is a very difficult thing to request a postponement for - the other side will probably argue against it because they'd rather play a weakened side (obv.), and I'm not sure the FA would postpone a game on the request of only one side without very good reason (like loads of players being out).

It did, and I often used to request it, but without success.

I think the game does a decent job of juggling fixtures at the moment, and sometimes it really isn't possible to re-schedule fixtures without causing a pile up at the end of the season.

Yeah it does fairly well, but it would still be nice to have that extra option for the really tight situations like I mentioned, and yeah it's not always possible to move it.

I also agree if it's in you have to do it well in advance of the match in question, but you usually have plenty of time to notice tight sections.

I just keep thinking about last seasons IRL UEFA Champ. League during the Inter v Barcelona matches they mentioned one (forgot which) requested a postponement because a match was 4-5 days away from another and the request was accepted. I remember thinking, "damn, that's no congestion, that's a cake walk to deal with compared to the 2-3 times per season my FM teams deal with 3 matches in 9 days."

That's really the main reason I even thought of it now, but oh well. Would just be a nice option to have. I even won all 3 of the games anyway, but still it just seems sensible.

The option to request postponements used to be in earlier versions.

I remember it being in earlier versions as well. I also remember them explaining the reason for its removal but unfortunately cant remember what they said :rolleyes:

I'd suggest you send an email or pm to Miles or one of the mods and perhaps they can explain the reason for its removal. Finally, I dont think it'll be put back in the game any time soon.

This was indeed possible in previous versions and I would like it to come back too :) This month my team in the Blue Square Premier has to deal with high density :(

Let me quote:

26-12

28-12

1-1

3-1

3 matches in 9 days? I would prefer that anytime over this :p 4 matches in only 9 days. Seeing it happen is pretty devastating, which made me wonder why they didn`t postpone any of them. But not having the ability to request postponement is also annoying. Since my financial state isn`t that great, I only have limited options for squad rotation and when considering 3 of my key players were called up for international duty (yes, even in de BSP), I felt seriously crippled, having to start with players with only 80% stamina.

I remember the feature in CM01/02.

I think a postponement would have to entail quite complicated procedures. It's not as easy as you think to get a postponement IRL (unless weather or other unique reasons).

The only difficulty is if there is space to move the match too. So earlier in a season is easier then later. But really beyond that it's not hard. Can't even say it would be unfair because usually it's not just your team dealing with the congestion, the other team is usually playing on the same schedule. The kicker is when it's a big match, with congestion, and international call ups all together that you really wish you had the option to at least try.

The last time a match was requested to be postponed (that I can remember), Middlesbrough ended up getting a 3 point deduction and then got relegated by 1 or 2 points.

I know it may be difficult, but it's part of management sometimes - having scenarios like this. Once my UEFA Cup run with Hull (whilst I was playing in the Championship - I had finished FA Cup runners-up), my fixtures backed up somehow and I ended up playing 7 games in the space of 9 days. I won the first three, drew two and then lost the rest (including an embarassing home defeat to bottom-of-the-table Bristol Rovers).

The last time a match was requested to be postponed (that I can remember), Middlesbrough ended up getting a 3 point deduction and then got relegated by 1 or 2 points.

I know it may be difficult, but it's part of management sometimes - having scenarios like this. Once my UEFA Cup run with Hull (whilst I was playing in the Championship - I had finished FA Cup runners-up), my fixtures backed up somehow and I ended up playing 7 games in the space of 9 days. I won the first three, drew two and then lost the rest (including an embarassing home defeat to bottom-of-the-table Bristol Rovers).

Seriously? Like I said early Inter or Barce made a request for what I think was just a regular season league match and and got it. Now this was just what the commentators were talking about during their champions league match so I don't know all the details but they said it like it was no big deal at all. I don't remember which did it, but I think it was they had a game on a Wednesday or Thursday and another that weekend, they postponed the weekend match. I only remember it because I was thinking, "candy asses, my FM teams deal with much worse" lol.

This was indeed possible in previous versions and I would like it to come back too :) This month my team in the Blue Square Premier has to deal with high density :(

Let me quote:

26-12

28-12

1-1

3-1

3 matches in 9 days? I would prefer that anytime over this :p 4 matches in only 9 days. Seeing it happen is pretty devastating, which made me wonder why they didn`t postpone any of them. But not having the ability to request postponement is also annoying. Since my financial state isn`t that great, I only have limited options for squad rotation and when considering 3 of my key players were called up for international duty (yes, even in de BSP), I felt seriously crippled, having to start with players with only 80% stamina.

That happensl over the Christmas/New Year period, depending on what days each falls.

Archived