my 'shouts' are always 'pending'?

This is an issue which has been fixed with patch 10.3, but here is a fix I found when playing earlier versions, while your shouts are pending keep the quick tactics box open, the shout will be implemented as normal (usually during the next stoppage). I still do it out of habit.

Personally I think a shout should be instant as if I were a manager on the touchline me shouting to the players would be carried accross the pitch straight away, my voice would not hover in the air with a pending banner above it.

Personally I think a shout should be instant as if I were a manager on the touchline me shouting to the players would be carried accross the pitch straight away, my voice would not hover in the air with a pending banner above it.

It should, but the way the game is calculated all tactical changes have to be made only in a stoppage of play. I wish it were different, but I believe such a change would mean a total redesign of the ME. So I'm willing to wait 3 minutes (in game time).

That isn't practical. It would need the remainder of the highlight to be re-calculated, which may stop it being a highlight at all.

I'm happy for a redesign of the ME if it made the game more life like. Whenever you hit a key on any piece of software depending on the processor the action is processed straight away, so whilst I agree with you that the current build would not facilitate this action, it is not out of the realms of possibilty on a future version of FM.

I'm happy for a redesign of the ME if it made the game more life like. Whenever you hit a key on any piece of software depending on the processor the action is processed straight away, so whilst I agree with you that the current build would not facilitate this action, it is not out of the realms of possibilty on a future version of FM.

The ME is a very complex part of the game. SI are on their fourth ME since starting the CM franchise on computer, so major changes are rare. I cannot see how this change can be implemented without breaking the current ME (as it changes the way it works), so it would mean a total redesign, with up to 3 years wait for a half-way workable new one. SO for that reason I'm willing to be a tiny bit patient during matches.

Realistically, in a stadium full of many cheers and shouts (or Vuvuzela), the manager can`t always get his shouts across. You often see that the manager talks to the nearest player, who then needs to inform other players. Generally those events only happen during an out-of-play, since the players cannot go to the manager unless the ball is out of play, or if there is an injury on the field. in both cases, the play is stopped though, which is exactly one of the moments the ME in FM waits until implementing a shout.

So I can somewhat relate to these activations.

Realistically, in a stadium full of many cheers and shouts (or Vuvuzela), the manager can`t always get his shouts across. You often see that the manager talks to the nearest player, who then needs to inform other players. Generally those events only happen during an out-of-play, since the players cannot go to the manager unless the ball is out of play, or if there is an injury on the field. in both cases, the play is stopped though, which is exactly one of the moments the ME in FM waits until implementing a shout.

So I can somewhat relate to these activations.

Fair comment, you make a valid point that I perhaps had not considered, I suppose its just another frustration of being a football manager.

Archived