Why??

Ok, I don´t want to moan. I love this game, but yesterday I played a match and....

Scenario: A match in Brazilian second division between a mid-table team and a team which is tipped for promotion (me). I played away. After 65 minutes we were 2 goals up. But not only that, my team played some beautiful football with a lot of passes and combinations in triangle. Exactly what I want from my team. But suddenly in the middle of second half everything went wrong. Four of my players became nervous (no apparent reason for that, I controlled the game and led by 2 goals). I can understand that youngsters become nervous (but it´s weird under these circumstances) but my 38 years old goalkeeper with great personality?? He had no job at all. Why he was nervous? So I substituted two of my nervous players ..........and what happened?? These two players became nervous too. Why?? But also the players who weren´t marked as nervous (according to a box which is showing the motivation level of your players) started to do incredibly stupid mistakes (easy passes, throw-ins a free-kicks directly to opponents feet etc.). My half-time team-talk coudn´t have been wrong, because 15 minutes after the break my team was still playing beautifully.

I don´t want to accuse AI of cheating but why it happened?? It just seems that AI had to score somehow and so happened this. :(

Did you lose? You never stated whether or not you lost, just that things went wrong. If you did not lose i would put it down to having too much confidence, that maybe your team thought they were going to walk it and after going 2 nil up they thought the match was won. I've noticed in the game that this tends to happen, that teams get complacent while playing weaker teams which is very realistic in the modern game.

I actually won the game (was very lucky in the last 20 minutes). I don´t think that my team was very complacent, because I played against weaker team, but away and before the match they were favourites.

Very important thing is that my players became nervous before they scored the first goal (for no reason), not after they scored.

Archived