Good players gone bad

So I'm sure everyone has their favourite players who they always try to sign because they do a good job, but has anyone ever had one of their usual solid performers have an absolute stinker that has made you question whether their ability?

I've just been thinking about it because Klaas Jan Huntelaar, usually a good goal scorers has had a shocker for me at Ajax, scoring 6 goals up until january, avereage rating 6.59 then promptly sold for a meagre £7mil. icon_frown.gif

So I'm sure everyone has their favourite players who they always try to sign because they do a good job, but has anyone ever had one of their usual solid performers have an absolute stinker that has made you question whether their ability?

I've just been thinking about it because Klaas Jan Huntelaar, usually a good goal scorers has had a shocker for me at Ajax, scoring 6 goals up until january, avereage rating 6.59 then promptly sold for a meagre £7mil. icon_frown.gif

Crespo is one of my favorite strikers irl, but in 08/09 on fm he declines dramatically. he went from a 4* "even though he's not getting any younger..." report from my coach to a 2* star rating almost overnight. i doubt he'd be that bad next season irl.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar is killing the prem for me, im man city and have the 8.02 patch. first season in the prem 38 games 23 goals 10 assists, in cups 7 games 12 goals

Second season (im in jan 09) in the prem 23 games 10 goals 5 assists, cup 6 games 10 goals 2 assists, continental 8 games 10 goals 4 assists

I've noticed a few people mention Luca Toni declining in the second season. It's certainly the case in my 2 FC Bayern saves, he was blisterin in the first season and became an instant fans favourite, but second season he was pap and didn't score until March icon_mad.gif

I dont really have favourites I try to sign. The only player would be Freddy Guarin as he seems to do a good job and is always available around the time I get to the Prem. He isnt quite as good as he used to be, but he always performs well for me.

Archived