FM11- Will it have addressed going to Tactics screen Lag issue?

FM10 seemed quick enough in all areas of the game processing wise on my machine, apart from one area of the game which would cause a noticeable irratating slow down.

This was when i selected to go to my teams Tactics page/screen

Was this a known issue and will this be rectified in FM11?

Many thanks

FM10 seemed quick enough in all areas of the game processing wise on my machine, apart from one area of the game which would cause a noticeable irratating slow down.

This was when i selected to go to my teams Tactics page/screen

Was this a known issue and will this be rectified in FM11?

Many thanks

That and also why do I have to wait for about 5 seconds after I click Continue for the game to start to process?

Whats the spec of your computer Connor? It sounds to me to be a problem with your computer rather than FM. Is your graphics card drivers, directx and java up to date? Have you defragged your hard drive and checked it for errors? If you have an antivirus program running make sure that it ignores any folders fm uses when scanning. Finally you could try using gamebooster.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

The interface used to be horribly laggy for me, it would take over a second for a click to register despite having a 5 star rating. Now its perfectly fine for me so it was fixed in one of the patches for most of us.

Star rating system is messed up in FM10. hope it will be fixed for FM11.

This was a known error in FM10. Hopefully it will be fixed in FM11.

It's due to the isometric pitch view in the tactics screen and can be rectified by creating a custom skin with a flat panel pitch. Obviously this isn't particularly straight forward for beginners.

I totally feel your pain though.

You don't have to make a custom skin to do it. You just change one tiny little thing in an .xml file.

Can't remember what now, because it's a long time since i changed it myself, and i'm far far away from my own computer at the moment.

But you should be able to find out in the skinning forum.

You don't have to make a custom skin to do it. You just change one tiny little thing in an .xml file.

Can't remember what now, because it's a long time since i changed it myself, and i'm far far away from my own computer at the moment.

But you should be able to find out in the skinning forum.

Really? I was told the default skin couldn't be edited. You have to 'create' a new version as such.

If it literally is just an xml tweak to an existing file I'll be making the change.

I have done all of the above Trekman, as far as I am aware I have excluded all folders that use FM from my antivrus (would anyone know the exact process to do this when using AVG)?

I've sent you a PM about this.

Really? I was told the default skin couldn't be edited. You have to 'create' a new version as such.

If it literally is just an xml tweak to an existing file I'll be making the change.

You could be right about that. I keep forgetting that i'm not using the default skin.

My apologies if it turns out i've told you the wrong thing here.

I'm not 100% sure as it's a long time since i did it, and i'm not currently at home so i can't check it out.

Whats the spec of your computer Connor? It sounds to me to be a problem with your computer rather than FM. Is your graphics card drivers, directx and java up to date? Have you defragged your hard drive and checked it for errors? If you have an antivirus program running make sure that it ignores any folders fm uses when scanning. Finally you could try using gamebooster.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Nothing to do with the spec of his or anyones PC. Only happens with the isometric pitch view in the tactics screen and works with a flat panel pitch.

Hopefully this issue will be fixed for FM11 along with the annoying pause after clicking continue.

Archived