FM2009 was way more fun :\

Does anyone agree ? 2009 was way more fun . had a fun season i enjoyed . made less saved games . classic game . 2010 may be more updated and more high tech features but it werent more then then 2009

FM10 all the way for me. :thup:

I never really enjoyed FM09 it just got me frustrated alot, FM08 was a bit better than 09, but i still never really enjoyed that version either.

FM07 was good and i did enjoy that version.

But as soon as i played the FM10 demo i loved it more than any of the other FM's, i actually enjoyed it as much as i used to enjoy CM01-02 and CM03-04 etc.

The fresh new 'tab' interface, the new home/away crowd, the return of the 'real fixtures', the new League editor and much better match graphics and a much smoother match engine than FM09.

When the 10.2 patch came out, it made the game frustrating again and put me off it for a while.

But since the 10.3 patch it as been enjoyable again, although still not as enjoyable as the 10.0 and 10.1 version.

I think might actually keep play FM10 for a while longer i like it that much, and just buy FM11 when the final patch is released.

Or maybe even wait for FM12, i don't want to stop playing FM10 if i'm enjoying it so much.

It's the first time with the FM series, that i don't want to buy the new one. :D

i liked 08 aswell but lost the CD :( , i respect some people saying 10 is better But i just cant have a fun game i dont know why. Had a great fun season but i deleted it hoping FM 10 will be even better but i made a bad decision and i regret it

• 2 weeks later...

FM09 for me too. Not sure about the reasons though... Maybe because of the new UI (don't like where buttons and pages are located), new skin (white is too "cold", dark is too "eye killing" and I am not into d/lding things), and the speed (yeah, it's fast, but then it's a bit like you keep doing matchs with no break at all between them, even off season is too fast. Thus somehow, you feel as if watching all long and not managing that much). I also never got into the new TC so by using the classic one I was feeling I was missing something, and 48months for trades ? Come on the game is already a bit too easy without it init..

FM09 was a waste of money for me, I played one game for a few hours then felt like i needed a degree to play it, took so long to set up and tweak tactics and the likes. Then I took a gamble on FM10 and it paid off, it's a million times better in my eyes, I can keep tactics simple yet still tweak them how I like them to be, it's so much easier to get the team behaving as I want them.

I think if you put FM09's match engine with FM10's tactics creator, people would end up liking FM09 better. There was more variety with goals in FM09 in my opinion. Midfielders scored more goals and made better runs to the box, and strikers didn't always score from through balls. The only problem was that you needed the right tactics to do so, which thankfully I had. Regens were a little better and I liked transfers better too.

Only issue I had was that the game ran slow on my computer.

Now you're making me want to play it again haha.

FM09 wasn't my cup of tea shall we say, personally, felt it over-complicated the game and interface after FM08 and was a big step back in the series.

Sadly I feel a bit the same way about FM10 currently, it vastly improved over FM09 in features and implementation, but I do feel like if I take a few days off from playing the game for example, it takes me a while to re-adjust to playing the game at any sort of decent speed again, as it just feels too complex now, both in terms of interface and overall amount of info you're bombarded with. I fear from seeing the FM11 trailer that the next installment won't be offering much in terms of making the interface more user-friendly either so I'm reserving judgement until I inevitably get a few dozen hours in on it after the last patch. :)

FM07, CM 03/04 and CM01/02 though are (and probably shall forever be) all the pinacles of the series in terms of ease of use, shere addictive enjoyment, yet enough realism too.

In terms of minimum bugs, realism and fun combining into the best overall package of the series though, FM07 is widely regarded (there was even a poll on here a while back :)) as the best ever FM, and after spending alot of time playing it (and lordy knows how much more time editing it..! lol) over the past year or two in particular, I can honestly say I agree.

But that's not to knock FM10 of course, which in itself is a great game that I have still lost countless hours to over the past year. :)

Archived