Training Youth?

Afternoon all.

When you have 3 options, i.e

Ideal role model

Adopt approach to game

Learn from

What are the benefits of each?

I remember reading a thread but can't find it. I think one option was learning the senior pro's PPM's, the other is mental attributes etc, but I cant for the life of me remember which is which. I always do 'learn from'.

They all do the same.

The difference is how the tutor reacts. The more important/senior he is to your team the higher option you should choose.

In practice if you choose the middle option for all but key players I've never had a problem.

They all do the same.

Not quite .. I can't remember which specifically does which but ..

1 Governs off pitch attitudes only (ie change the tutored player's personality type so that it is closer to the tutor's personality type)

1 Governs on pitch abilities only (ie the tutored player has the chance to aquire the PPM's known by the tutor)

1 Combines the above 2 methods.

[edit]

Role Model = Off Pitch

Approach = On Pitch

Learn from = Both

may not be right, going off memory

[/edit]

1 Governs off pitch attitudes only (ie change the tutored player's personality type so that it is closer to the tutor's personality type)

1 Governs on pitch abilities only (ie the tutored player has the chance to aquire the PPM's known by the tutor)

You're so outdated. Cougar2010 stands right.

[edit]

Role Model = Off Pitch

Approach = On Pitch

Learn from = Both

may not be right, going off memory

[/edit]

I don't believe this was ever the case.

It was touted as a possible theory several years ago but no-one ever provided any detailed evidence and since then SI have confirmed that my post above is the way it works now.

Archived