Playing Benfica in Benfica in CL Final

Yep. Obviously most of the time it is neutral, but it is possible that the team who play there might make the final. I guess there aren't enough big grounds at clubs not in the Champions League for it to always be played at one of them.

Uefa states that said venues are chosen usually 18 months before tournament begins. There are examples of Clubs playing european finals at there home ground.

In fact at the quater final draw, when the semi fianls are also drawn the final is also pre-determined by who is classed at the "home" side.

So i.e in this instance despite benfica playing at their home ground they could have been drawn as the away team thus have to wear there away kit - use away dressing room etc.

In 1984 Liverpool won the European Cup on penalties in Rome against AS Roma.

Again the final venue is chosen at least a year in advance so UEFA have no idea as to who will make it to the following seasons final.

No its not Team franchise 2008. The "Home" team is determined by the quarter final draw where the semi is also drawn. At the end of the semi draw another draw is conducted where it is determined who is classed as the home team for the final.

I heard that the game sets one team as home and one as away regardless of where the match is being held because it can't understand the idea of neither side being home or away. So if you're unlucky enough to be set as the away team, you have the usual problems of an away team and are disadvantaged.

Is this true?

Originally posted by manutdman666:

No its not Team franchise 2008. The "Home" team is determined by the quarter final draw where the semi is also drawn. At the end of the semi draw another draw is conducted where it is determined who is classed as the home team for the final.

Okay, I was just saying what Andy Gray repeated several times during the CL Final this year.

Who knows?

This is correct MIKE7077. IRL ( based on live champs league draw on sky sports ) the home team for the final is pre-determined by the quater and semi final draws.

However in the game when the qtr final draw is made if you click the tab that says qtr final, semi final, final you should see something like this in the "final" tab

Man utd or Valencia or

Bayern Munich or Real Madrid

V

Barcelona or Juventus or

Liverpool or Lyon

So in game the home team would be one of Man u,Valencia,Barca or Madrid.

Archived