New Laptop?

I'm looking to upgrade my current laptop because the system rating on FM 10 is half a star. I'm looking for something that isn't amazingly expensive but that can run enough leagues for a good journeyman save on FM 11 which is probably around 15 leagues with no drastic slow down.

I'm aware that no one knows the required spec for FM 11 but lets presume that they're the same as 10.

If I was to sell my lappy I'd probably get around £150 which is going to be my last resort cos I still want to play FM 10 :)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ignore the star rating on FM10. It is wrong. How does your laptop actually run FM10 (ignoring the star rating)? If its ok then leave it. If you can sell your current laptop for £150 second hand, im guessing its more than good enough for FM10.

Also before making any new threads, especially 'what laptop should I buy' threads, please search beforehand. There are plenty of these threads already containing all of the info you need.

It probably won't run many more 6 leagues on a long-term game at a decent speed. I would invest in some more RAM (but no more than 3GB as you are running a 32-bit OS)

I'm not the most technological person in the world. So how would I invest in more RAM?

I'm not the most technological person in the world. So how would I invest in more RAM?

It means buy some more and put it into your laptop. If you cant do this the shop will do it for you for a price. What is your processor and what speed?

It means buy some more and put it into your laptop. If you cant do this the shop will do it for you for a price. What is your processor and what speed?

Dont get a shop to do it because they'll charge a small fortune for a ten minute job. Look on youtube because there's plenty videos available showing you how to do this yourself. Just make sure you get the right type of ram for your laptop.

Dont get a shop to do it because they'll charge a small fortune for a ten minute job. Look on youtube because there's plenty videos available showing you how to do this yourself. Just make sure you get the right type of ram for your laptop.

I know that but he may not feel confident enough to do it himself.

I know that but he may not feel confident enough to do it himself.

Ive just loaded a new save running eight leagues and its running like a dream. Cheers for the advice though. And if I do upgrade my RAM I'll follow the youtube vids. Thanks again.

Archived