Any way to stop takeovers?

Hello,

Just wondering if there is anyway to stop a club from changing to PLC from non-PLC? For example, FC United are constitutionally a supporter-owned club, so would not be taken over in any circumstances, is this or could this be done in-game? Cheers

How is this done exactly?

As Jayahr said, using an edt file.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

The location may be slightly different depending on what patches you have, if you steam etc.

You should see a file called valid_takeovers_only.edt.

By opening that and following the instructions inside, you can disable each type of takeover in whatever country or countries you want. The only one that cannot be disabled is promotion from within takeovers.

I didn't want to disable them all, but thanks. Is there anyway to disable just for one club use the .edts?

I don't think so. You can disable them for England. There will still be takeovers but only the promotion from within takeovers i.e. when the the chairman wants to leave he will be replaced by one the other board members and so on when they eventually leave.

Archived