Vital FIFA Rule, FM Missed!!!

A lot of the FIFA rules are not in FM.

Things like solidarity compensation are pretty crucial irl as it amounts to 5% of any transfer fee in international transfers. This is something I miss in the game much more than anything connected to the notfulfilment of contracts which I think should not be in the game as it would be unethical behaviour of the players in my book (see argument about missing on-pitch violence in the game).

This is what the actual rule says:

An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared

in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been

involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting

just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in

the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be

established on a case-by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not

be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only

terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official

match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

When you consider it's on a case-by-case basis, with appraisal based on specific circumstances, it's actually pretty hard to include until there have been a few test cases.

Just because Wenger has rattled off an obscure rule, doesn't mean it should be in FM. Has there been a case of this actually happening yet?

There's plenty of League rules that are not implemented as they are rarely activated. Wenger is just pointing out that the 25 man squad rule COULD highlight this rule more.

Let's wait until it actually starts happening before putting it in the game.

my point is SHOULD it be in the game?????? FFS

We all know it SHOULD be in the game. So SHOULD a lot of other things. It may be in the game for all we know, also it may not be possible to do. Wait till FM11 comes out and have a look.

well people with huge squads would not want it in the game would they??

If people had huge squads, they would only be able to register 25 anyway so anybody else would need to be loaned or sold. Anybody else in the squad would be 21 or under and most not considered 'an established professional' as the rule states so it wouldnt really apply to them. So really all you need to do is rotate your 25 registered players which isnt really that hard. Like somebody has already said, if you play 50 games in a season, they only need to play 5.

Most teams wont even play 50 games. This rule only counts for domestic games as the European squads are a different matter altogether. So you would have 38 league games and then however many games you play in the FA Cup/League cup. If you cant manage to rotate your squad enough to give certain players 5 games in a 45/50 game season then there really is something wrong.

Also dont forget that the rule says they only have to APPEAR in 10% of the games. Nowhere does it say they have to start or play a certain amount of minutes. Im sure if a team has a player they want to keep but he's not played his 10%, they will just bring him on as a sub for the last few minutes of the remaining games.

Going from what Ter said in his post it looks like this rule has been implemented in the game since CM01/02.

It could just be that it happens so rarely in real life there is only a very very small chance of it happening in the game world as well and it might be the case it can only happen with regens for legal reasons.

Going from what Ter said in his post it looks like this rule has been implemented in the game since CM01/02.

It could just be that it happens so rarely in real life there is only a very very small chance of it happening in the game world as well and it might be the case it can only happen with regens for legal reasons.

The link has nothing to do with Ginola taking Villa to court because he hasnt played in 10% of games. It was becuase he wanted out of Villa because John Gregory was a big bad man and said he wasnt worth it and called him fat :p

It is in FM'10. If you manage Portsmouth you will find that John Utahka asks for the remainder of his contract to be paid by you before he will agree to a move. Hull City have a similar problem with Jimmy Bullard. In real life when Robbie Fowler left Liverpool some years ago, it was disclosed that LFC were still paying around £12000 per week after he had left the club.

It is in FM'10. If you manage Portsmouth you will find that John Utahka asks for the remainder of his contract to be paid by you before he will agree to a move. Hull City have a similar problem with Jimmy Bullard. In real life when Robbie Fowler left Liverpool some years ago, it was disclosed that LFC were still paying around £12000 per week after he had left the club.

That has nothing to do with it. Do people actually read this thread before posting in it?

That has nothing to do with this discussion.

As to the sporting just cause rule personally I don't think it really needs to be included in FM unless it becomes a much more common occurence in RL.

Hardly constitutes a vital FIFA rule and the need for an outraged thread does it now?

I can imagine that Wenger is not going to be popular with some chairman for pointing this out. Does he sleep with the FIFA rule book or something?

I think the only reason Wenger is complaining about the 25 man squad rule is because it means that he'll have to now buy British instead of French in order to comply with it!

Anyway when this rule was proposed to the Premier League clubs why didn't he raise his objections then?

I think the only reason Wenger is complaining about the 25 man squad rule is because it means that he'll have to now buy British instead of French in order to comply with it!

Not really. Home-grown rule is without regard to nationality. Non-British players like Fabregas are considered home-grown and Arsenal is one of the clubs without any problem with this rule due to their emphasis on buying young.

Not really. Home-grown rule is without regard to nationality. Non-British players like Fabregas are considered home-grown and Arsenal is one of the clubs without any problem with this rule due to their emphasis on buying young.

Actually a Guardian (or Observer) Sport clumn looked at this a few weeks ago, and Man City (31 seniors 13 HG) and Chelsea (25 seniors 5 HG) are the only ones with serious problems. Some of the smaller clubs had an extra senior player, but it was often the case of a player they couldn't offload and would only play in dire straits.

With regards to the Just Clause case the OP was on about, either it's in the game but as rare as real life (i.e. how many players getting <5% games will be able to get the same wages elsewhere) or it's not in the game as it's a "damned dirty ape" to code in. SI are usually as fast with the rules as FIFA, and are better at implementing them (i.e. I couldn't see Liverpool getting dispensation {unfairly} to play Mascherano when he joined them, yet in real life it happened).

Archived