FMH 1.6 Update Problems (all fixed now)

Hi all,

Update 4 (version 1.6) went live on the AppStore in the early hours of this morning and we're aware of an issue causing it to crash upon startup on older devices.

If you've already updated and cannot currently play the game, please accept our apologies. The team are working on it as a matter of urgency and we'll be rolling out a fix as soon as possible. Don't delete the app from your phone otherwise you'll lose your save games - once we've addressed this issue the fixed version should allow you to pick up from where you left off.

If you've not yet updated and have an iPhone 3G or earler model, or a 1st or 2nd generation iPod Touch then I strongly recommend you don't download 1.6 and wait until we release a fix.

If you have an iPhone 4G, 3GS or 3rd generation iPod Touch, you should be unaffected but again I would still recommend waiting until we've investigated further and fixed the issue.

I will update this thread with more information as we progress, thanks for your patience.

Stu

I'll post a changelist for the update soon (I'll have to verify first that everything that should be going into it, will still be going into it in light of this).

The 's' issue is a problem at Apple's end as far as I'm aware. Doesn't look good obviously and we'll have this sorted along with the fix ASAP.

• SI Staff
Oh, so presumably this is why you've taken it off the appstore?

Yes it should only be gone for a short while and will return soon.

Just to update people, without going into geeky details - the issues hopefully been rectified and presuming QA at all parties (ie. SEGA, SI & Apple) concur we'll have a new version in store shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

• SI Staff
I have deleted the app not to bothered at losing my saved games. Be nice to know an estimated timescale thou guys no fun playing champ manager again :(

We believe its all fixed and working now - however the fix will have to pass QA before it makes it to the public domain.

Incidentally the new version will be issues it as an 'upgrade' so if anyone wants to retain save games they'll be able to simply by installing over their current version (ie. please don't delete the crashing version if you were unlucky enough to download it).

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

PS - Expected ETA is hopefully only a few days, although obviously the acceptance at Apple is beyond my control - apologies for any inconvenience.

• SI Staff
Has there been anything back from Apple at all. Are we looking at Monday seen as we are now halfway throu the weekend. My god Champ Manager is pants...........Please if there is a god speed this up....lol

We're waiting patiently for Apple to finish their QA and release the game - I'm hopeful it'll be available before monday but unfortunately its beyond my direct control, sorry.

• SI Staff
It does seem as if Apple is not treating this as urgently as SI has. This is where the app store has a big problem,it is kind of too bad that you guys don't have more control over this,like letting them know how urgent a fix is

I'll post here when its available - sorry for the delay, I'm afraid all we can do is wait at present (crossing appendages for luck is optional ;) ).

What is taking Apple so long? I get the impression they don't give a crap about their customers. It's not just this I have had problems with them before and they were I no rush then either. This is why I'm now looking to buy a PSP console so I can play games when I want and not have to wait. It's now been coming into 5 days this problem came to light, you guys jumped to it and sorted ur side out very quickly then as soon as Apple got hold of it they just put it to one side. Come on Apple sort ur company out or u will have more people getting rid of ur products....

Nevermind the 5 days this fix has been in submission but really it's the fact that the problem has existed now for close to a week,and it's Apple's fault because they can't seem to find time to release such a urgent fix. I feel bad for Marc and everyone else at SI too because they are not making anything off the game so long as apple continues to dork around and not get this fix posted. I think it is well past time for "waiting paitently"

• SI Staff
Nevermind the 5 days this fix has been in submission but really it's the fact that the problem has existed now for close to a week,and it's Apple's fault because they can't seem to find time to release such a urgent fix. I feel bad for Marc and everyone else at SI too because they are not making anything off the game so long as apple continues to dork around and not get this fix posted. I think it is well past time for "waiting paitently"

We've done the best we can to obviously get the game back in the store promptly.

In Apples defense, obviously something was missed during the initial submission testing which caused the issue; I expect that they are being overly careful to ensure this doesn't occur again - hopefully the game will be back available shortly and I apologise for any inconvenience this is causing people.

This is not down to u guys at SI Marc this is down to Apple taking their time. Like I say it's not the first time and by the looks of things won't be the last either. Big well done for acting so quickly in getting the fix back to Apple guys.

Wow kids these days don't have any patience!

No kidding. In Apple's defense, you probably have few hundred apps being submitted daily, you've got to see it from their viewpoint. I love FM, and I'm sure there are many others too, but I'm guessing there are other apps that gets more downloads than FM Lite, and my guess is that they're attending to those before getting to FM.

Wat and this takes over a week to sort, nah dont think so mate. Its not FM Lite its the full FM2010 we are talking about here and at £7 a pop its not cheap so maybe they should be looking into that first before the apps that cost alot less..

This is now beyond a joke is there nothing u guys can do like send them an email to g them up abit. Sorry but if I was this slow in my job I would have been sacked a week ago. Apple clearly don't give a flying f**k about it's customers not even an update to u guys at SI to say there on with testing or anything. Well done Apple......

Archived