Please please think about this for fm 2011, si!!

When we get player reports, I think it would be infinitely helpful that when they tell you that this player would be the "4th best DM on the squad" that it would list the 3 players ahead of him (yes the first one we already know, so I guess just the other 2). That way you know if they're youth players with potential or players on your first team or reserve. Then you could decide if it is worth signing him as a backup or not.

Please.

Please.

Thank you.

tbh i think thye shouldnt saythis at all! because in real life coaches can only base their ability on how they play, therefore having a coach on fm say he is the 3rd best and these two players are better than him is a bit silly. I think the manager (you!) should just base the judgement on how the players play and their stats. I mean who thought that David Stockdale was going to play so well for Fulham the other day? no one knew as they hadnt seen him start in the premier league, and he put in a solid performance and gained a clean sheet! This is an okay idea, but personally, i wouldnt like it! :p

Andy

tbh i think thye shouldnt saythis at all! because in real life coaches can only base their ability on how they play, therefore having a coach on fm say he is the 3rd best and these two players are better than him is a bit silly. I think the manager (you!) should just base the judgement on how the players play and their stats. I mean who thought that David Stockdale was going to play so well for Fulham the other day? no one knew as they hadnt seen him start in the premier league, and he put in a solid performance and gained a clean sheet! This is an okay idea, but personally, i wouldnt like it! :p

Andy

The thing is though that your scouts are not always right and a lot of their "accuracy" relies on their judgement abilities. Because a scout says that X Player would be the 4th best defender in the team were they to join doesn't mean that they're necessarily right - they're just giving their (AI created) opinion on the player, exactly like they would do in real life.

Even scouts with high attributes are prone to getting it wrong. I had two players scouted about the same time, one an AMR who I was told was an average player, and a DMC who I was told would be a good signing. The DMC flopped like Francis Jeffers (and I was very patient with him) while the "average" AMR is now an international regular, one-time World Footballer of the Year, three time European Midfielder of the Year and twice runner up for European Footballer of the Year while leading the Serie A in assists, MoM and average rating for the past couple of years. My scout got it wrong, despite having 18 for both judging player ability and player potential.

At the end of the day it is up to the manager but there's nothing wrong with your staff giving their opinions because that would of course happen in real life.

Andy

Yeah I realize this, but since they already state that they've rated them, I'd like to see how they rate them. Then I can look at their stats and performances and see if I agree. Yes, I can go through my squad and determine the rankings on my own, but the point of assistant coaches and the like is to help me focus my time on preparing the team for the next game and deciding on long term strategy. Also, I think being able to see how the game decides what makes players better than others by going and sorting through their rankings would help me understand the system a bit better and be able to make more accurate judgements of my own. Maybe, if you don't want to see it, there could be a link that you could click on to get more info if you were so inclined.

Andy

The problem is that in real life a manager can sit and watch training and asses his players in that way but we dont have the luxuray of doing that in game (I hope they dont ever add it). We have to use our coaches. How am i to know if a player is good enough for a start in the prem without this kind of knowledge. Even a 45 minute trial can be damaging to a team if he does not have the required talent.

I also think that the coaches should give you better feed back on the youth and reserve teams.

Maybe messages from the youth team manager when players are performing well consistantly asking you to have a look at certain players and recommending them for a step up or a youth team member who looks like he could do a job in the first team being recommended to you by the coaches who work with him every week.

You can already get a team report from the ass man telling you who is best playing in the formation you have currently set. That shows who the no.1 is in sed position. They also do that for the youth team, for me its fine how it is. :)

Archived