Club 45 minute instructions are getting COMPLETELY out of hand!!!!!

Manager of Italy. 26 Man Squad. 19 of those are given 45 minute instructions. Although crazy... the math sounds about right.. meaning at a stretch I can name 7 players to play the full 90, then play 6 45ers in one half, and 6 45ers in the other half. Fair enough? Think again.

Of these 7 players with no instructions, 2 are goalkeepers, meaning I would have to play one outfield.

However, my biggest gripe is that I have 5 Man Utd players in the Italy squad (I manage them too). The game doesnt let me set my own club instructions. No, instead it forces you to play these 5 Man Utd players for 90 minutes, taking advantage of the fact that you are in the dual position of Italy and club manager.

This situation is getting ridiculous, and de-motivates me from playing a game that I really enjoy. Looking forward to making an impression on the Italian national side, now I am faced with 2 options: Burn out 5 of my top quality Italian players, or anger a couple of in game managers.

Yes, yes. I understand club instructions are a part of life but surely the game can implement this real life occurrence with more realism and without actually placing you, the club and national manager, at such a disadvantage. By implement with more realism, I mean allow conversation and interaction between you, the club manager, and other AI managers, as would happen in real life. Club instructions happen IRL so thats not my issue, its just if you are going to put them in the game, why go at it half heartedly and only half finsih the job? Why not make it realistic enough so that we who manage club and country don't find ourselves in this horrible position every time we come to a friendly game.

More interaction is needed in the game in several areas tbh and this is another one. It would be good if you could have a conversation with club managers instead of them just saying a certain player can only play 45 minutes.

How is your relationship with the club managers at the moment? I think if you are friends with them then they may not issue instructions.

I don't think it matters if you cannot issue instructions to your own club players as you'd be only issuing them to yourself and you can play them as long as you want anyway.

Most of them dislike me (Man City manager Ancellotti, West Ham manager Zola, and Juventus manager Thomas Schaaf currently has no opinion but I know isnt too favourible towards me because of his days at Arsenal) These 3 teams, plus myself at man Utd, make up the bulk of Italy's squad. Not to mention should Mancini ever manage a club with any decent Italians, he will always withdraw them, as he used to when I was at England.

I don't think it matters if you cannot issue instructions to your own club players as you'd be only issuing them to yourself and you can play them as long as you want anyway.

This is my point. It would be daft to issue intructions to yourself but this wasnt what I was getting at. The point I was making is that as manager of Man Utd with 5 italians in the squad, the game takes advantage of this, knowing that I dont issue my own club instructions. The game can then realisticallly still place all the other squad members on 45 minutes, placing me at a disadvantage precisely because I don't issue my own club instructions.

I'm not saying the game should allow you to issue your own club instructions for the same club/country. I'm saying the game shouldnt take advantage of your dual position and place all others on 45 just because you have alot of your club players in the squad. Hope this makes sense?

Put it this way: If I WASN'T italy manager, and I placed my 5 players on 45 mins, then the game engine would always leave 7 in the squad without restrictions, so that the AI manager could play the game. The fact that I am the manager of a club with many Italians in it means the game takes advantage of this.

Pick borderline players for friendlies. Not a full 1st team squad. Then they are less likely to be given 45 min warnings and it doesnt matter too much if you ignore them anyway.

Appreciate the input but this isn't a viable solution. I have already left out several regulars, and it is still an experimental/fringe squad. The problem still persits. Also, It is simply not a good enough solution. In my first ever game as manager, I should be allowed to name the top guys if I want.

Also keep in mind that some friendlies are world cup warm up games. IRL players would never have instructions put on them, as this is considered to all be part of your world cup camp. But in this game, when I used to be England manager, I had a friendly 5 days before my first World cup Game, and I had 6 players withdrawn and 14 more given 45 min instructions! That would never happen in preparation for a World Cup!!!

Appreciate the input but this isn't a viable solution. I have already left out several regulars, and it is still an experimental/fringe squad. The problem still persits. Also, It is simply not a good enough solution. In my first ever game as manager, I should be allowed to name the top guys if I want.

Also keep in mind that some friendlies are world cup warm up games. IRL players would never have instructions put on them, as this is considered to all be part of your world cup camp. But in this game, when I used to be England manager, I had a friendly 5 days before my first World cup Game, and I had 6 players withdrawn and 14 more given 45 min instructions! That would never happen in preparation for a World Cup!!!

Yeah I agree that it needs to be improved but in FM10 you are stuck with the way it is so you have to find the best way to get around the issue.

You said most of the managers dislike you. I am pretty sure that is a big factor in determining whether they issue instructions or not.

It probably is a huge factor. Which is why the game should work out better dynamics for liking/hating.

All these managers hate me because of their own horrible personalities in the game, not because of anything I have done or said. At the top of the top, If a nice manager like me went around saying nothing but nice things, I would be a very popular man. In FM the dynamics are just all wrong, and all these guys hate me because they have either managed Man City or Arsenal in their past for a few seasons.

So my reply would be that even though the reasoning for the 45min instructions are clear, the game really has got the personality dynamics quite wrong. Yes, I now have to find the best way wround this, but it now feels like I am trying to outwit the game rather than just trying to get on with a "realistic" management game.

Enjoyed 8 seasons of this game so far, had no real bugs or issues, clearly the best FM yet, but these dynamics have really got to me, this just isn't enjoyable OR realistic. (Something which SI have done well is that if their feature was unrealistic, it would be enjoyable, but this is neither!)

Archived