I didn't think that this was possible in FM 10

I take it Messi was injured?

Nope he was on the bench. Came on and scored 2 ;)

Wanted to give the kid a go with the first team.

I end the game with 69% possession.....final score Barca 4-0 Besiktas

Yep i've had it a few times, but mainly when i have a strong team and playing against a weaker team.

17982912.png

I regulary have 68% - 71% possession at half time, but by full time it's normally gone down to 60% - 62% possession.

I don't think i've seen higher than 74% possession, at Full Time on FM10 yet...

As anybody ever had higher than 74% possession on FM10?

Rarely does a team in FM or IRL get over 70% of the possession, it has happened before though.

Completely wrong mate, I have been astounded by how that people don't believe that barcelona can keep the ball over 70% in many matches, and that includes also people like Mille.

I just don't like it when people comment so easily like that on FC Barcelona, and heres the proof:

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/barcelona_greatest_team_or_possession_kings.asp

Completely wrong mate, I have been astounded by how that people don't believe that barcelona can keep the ball over 70% in many matches, and that includes also people like Mille.

I just don't like it when people comment so easily like that on FC Barcelona, and heres the proof:

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/barcelona_greatest_team_or_possession_kings.asp

Your right but remember you are talking about Barcelona(a team renowned for keeping possession). In the premier league espicially, where games are much more physical, you rarely see games when a team has 70% or more of the possession.

Probably it is because of the İbrahim Üzülmez, the left-back of Beşiktaş, known as Deli İbo ( crazy ibrahim), the only man in the country who doesn't leave left even after the president of primary left party in government has left.

Good achievement, I've never heard of the club you were playing against so I guess there quiet a small club which is why you dominated possession so much.

Yeah, am not showng off with that SS to get that straight. But, I was reading this thread and that game crossed my mind. :)

Your right but remember you are talking about Barcelona(a team renowned for keeping possession). In the premier league espicially, where games are much more physical, you rarely see games when a team has 70% or more of the possession.

But then again not everyone buys FM to paly in England.

Rarely does a team in FM or IRL get over 70% of the possession, it has happened before though.

Ok....other than barcelona, who else in world football dominates possession the way that they do?

When you actually think about how many teams do that, how can you find something wrong with his statement?

There was nothing really wrong with the statement as it is a rarity in reality with barcelona and spain being the only real exceptions that I can think of right now.

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that the way that the FM 10 ME is, it can be harder to dominate possession the way that barca do on a consistent basis.

It's one of the reasons, among others, that it has been difficult to truly emulate the way that barcelona play in real life (which have tried to do for a while now.....I've been reading your threads/posts ;))

Barca are a very very special exception...its almost as if the stars have aligned. The have all the right pieces and thats why they are able to do what they do and are able beat almost anyone (except inter..or mourinho.......i am really looking forward the clasicos this season).

I do wanna say that the point of my tactic is to win games and not to dominate possession. I think the reason that I was able to do so in this game, as well as many other ones, is because of how technically gifted that my starters are.

Yep i've had it a few times, but mainly when i have a strong team and playing against a weaker team.

17982912.png

I regulary have 68% - 71% possession at half time, but by full time it's normally gone down to 60% - 62% possession.

I don't think i've seen higher than 74% possession, at Full Time on FM10 yet...

As anybody ever had higher than 74% possession on FM10?

this is kinda of the reason that a possession game sometimes really frustrates me. Its obvious that palace parked the bus, the RV, the boat and the plane in front of their goal meaning that all you could do was pass it around looking for a hole to open up which, to palace's credit, did not happen very often.

Archived