Most Annoying Things About FM / Very Simple Improvement needed in FM11

This is a management game. We play it to win things. Leagues, Cups, Trophies. (For LLMers, see below!)

When I Click on my achievements as a Manager I don't want to see a big list that says:

Knocked out in English FA Cup Semi Final

Won in European Champions Cup Quarter Final

Won in European Champions Cup First Knockout Round

Won in English FA Cup Sixth Round

Won in English FA Cup Fifth Round

Won in English FA Cup Fourth Round

Won in English FA Cup Third Round

I just want a nice, simple screen, where I can see all my trophy wins on one page, much like the Clubs Honours page, like this one Club_Honours.jpg

It is currently absolutely impossible to take a glance at a simple screen and really assess what you have won, and in what volume. I have to count up each time I've won the European Super Cup. I have to scroll through bucketloads of irrelevent information to see what I won in 2011. etc, etc. Can't it just be there for me on one page without all the clutter of all the rounds of all the competitions I've been in?

Finally, I realise some people don't play purely to win trophies. A lot of people play Lower League Management. We do need a place that we can see exactly which rounds we got to, etc. However, I still find it quite poor that there is not a simple managers achievements screen in addition to this.

What are the chances of a better system being introduced, perhaps one where we can have two formats. Old style, and new simplified style simlar to the Club Honours page?

Fair point you got here, i would love to see some form of trophy cabinet! its always nice as a manager to look back on what you have achieved, but looking at a list of sentences is not how id like it...

Yeah, that is indeed annoying. I'm sure nobody cares about getting item for each and every cup round.

When I look at that page for any player or manger, I look for titles or maybe also runner-up positions.

Even if I was interested in a more detailed cup progress I would be happy to see that he reached the 5th round. I would then be able to assume that he won in the 3rd, won in th 4th and lost in the 5th and my guess is that most other people would be clever enough too ;)

So yes please change this :):thup:

This is not about having a trophy cabinet but about the waste of space on that screen.

Each and every cup round is on there, spamming the screen where the important info gets lost.

Just look at the list in the OP to see what you get there. One line for the FA Cup would have been perfectly enough. Why have one line for every previous cup round won? They are useless as in not providing any valuable extra information and even do harm in making this screen less informative than it could be.

but arent trophies basically club honours? The screen shows you everything you have won and it what year? Or am i missing your point?

Missing the point a bit....

I took over Man Utd in 2010. I didnt win anything before this. Club honours show everything before this date. I want to see only the trophies that I won, and I can be proud of.

I want a managers honours screen, that shows all the honours won at each club you have been at, and each national team you have managed.

i agree with this idea, what about a filter. all detail - winners, or runners up included

I would like this. :) A few different options to suit all parties, Major trophy hunters, LLMers, or those inbetween.

I do not, under any circumstances, consider reaching the League cup Quarter Final an acheivement, yet it is listed in my manager achievement section. Likewise I do not consider losing in the Champions League Final an achievement. I am interested in victories, not near misses. I think its about time the game offers us a personal trophy cabinet page. This is "Football Manager" after all, and after all these years of playing I just feel there needs to be more emphasis put on the managers achievements. We have a Hall of Fame yeah, but it is rendered useless by the lack of detailed info available.

Log onto Sir Alex Fergusons wikipedia page, and he has a nice simple section, as follows:

St. Mirren

* Scottish First Division (1): 1976–77

Aberdeen

* Scottish Premier Division (3): 1979–80, 1983–84, 1984–85

* Scottish Cup (4): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86

* Scottish League Cup (1): 1985–86

* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1982–83

* UEFA Super Cup (1): 1983

Manchester United

* Premier League (11): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09

* FA Cup (5): 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04

* League Cup (4): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10

* FA Charity/Community Shield (9): 1990*, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010 (* shared)

* UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08

* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1990–91

* UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991

* Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

* FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Only wins are listed. This would be simple to implement, and could be elegantly placed on one page.

Archived