Most enjoyable team you have ever managed?

My most enjoyable save on FM10 is Scunthorpe. Not alot of wage to improve the squad and not a big transfer budget either. I had to wheel and deal with frees and I had to sell players if the offer was good. got to the prem after 5 seasons i think and i then got relegated first season. I got great youth and training facilties and a 20,000 all seater Glanford Park by the 4th season after expanding twice. When i was in the prem my finances reached the highest of £48m.

Okay ZentSPB

My most enjoyable managerial experience was at Reading FC in the English Championship, they have a very young side and good facilities which was very fun to develop all the youth prospects! The starting budget was small so these players were key in the clubs sucess, i got promoted first season by winning the championship, i then went up to the premier league and finished mid table for two seasons and then began to challenge for europe. I then stopped the save for a while as i had exams etc :)

Your turn :)

Thanks Nottingham Forest for the comment! :)

I think probably my MK Dons save was the most fun. Managed to get to the championship after getting promoted 2nd season but finances were low having spend quite a lot on new players. Fortunately didn't spend too long in the championship and got promoted after the 2nd season in the championship and finally reached the promised land with all its TV money. Didn't have much money to buy new players but what I had I spent on young players. After a few seasons yo-yoing my young players started to mature and I finally stayed up. After a few more seasons I reached the Europa League but had grown weary of the consistently low budgets and felt that I had reached about as far as the club could go without many more seasons of hard work so I left for Spurs who were consistently in the Champions league. Still, had good fun and I enjoyed the challenge.

Blackburn, but it was waaay into the future on a proper journeyman save. Chester in the Conf was where it started (which I'll say was possibly my second favourite.)

Took them from midtable Championship to Champions League over about 8 years, filling my squad with 9 Finn players by that point. I'd actually made a point of signing as many Finns as possible.

Real Betis, CM03/04. Taking them way into the heights of european glory and nursing through 3 generations of youngsters, my longest and most successful save to date. Although its always a pleasure managing Fulham, the club i support, and leading them to any kind of glory, as a fan you cant beat that

I'm having a good time with Bath City. I have gone from BSS to League 1 with consecutive promotions, but now it's getting pretty tough. No money at all, I have spent exactly 435 pounds in three years, and now my freebies are starting to underperform. I dream of getting to the prem but it may be beyond me. MK Dons are sitting down in league 1, but have been taken over by a tycoon and have a value of 31 million! They are struggling and if they come in for me I may leave.

Im going to say Leeds, my current save.

Got them promoted twice in 2 years so im not in the Premier League with an average squad. This means that the signings i make and the tactics i employ are very important to me staying up this season. I was also taken over so i have a bit of a budget to tuck into for the next transfer window.

Probably my AC Milan file. Started there, still there in 2039.

My record speaks for itself really.

21 Serie A Titles, runner-up 3 times and 4 third place finishes.

8 Italian cups

14 Italian Super cups

2 Europa League titles

7 Champions League titles

Other titles too but they're the most important ones really.

well through the years i played CM/FM i have so many good saves, i remember i took Hercules from 2division B in spain to be champions of everything in like 10 years or so, one of the most enjoyable ones was in FM 08 i thin or 07, I created a team and put it in the last division in Spain and the stadium i created was 5000 seats, and a balance of 0, but the game started like -2Millions, so bit by bit i start winning so became a big team and i had a big stadium and won every throphy out there.

Well the other teams i had a save and enjoyed it.

Getafe

Newcastle

Inter

Parma

Espanyol

and almost in every fm i created a team and put it in last division in a league normally in England, Spain or italy

Real Betis, CM03/04. Taking them way into the heights of european glory and nursing through 3 generations of youngsters, my longest and most successful save to date. Although its always a pleasure managing Fulham, the club i support, and leading them to any kind of glory, as a fan you cant beat that

Betis is one of favourite teams to manage as well, FM 08 I think it was when first managed them.

I started in Australia with Newcastle Jets and won the Asian Champs League after 3 seasons.

I then went to Holland and did 2 seasons with Roda,

Got offered Betis in the off season. I then spent about 6 years with Betis and built up a great team, winning everything in Spain and winning the Champs League 2 times.

So I left for Liverpool, but even with some success there the game didn't feel the same as when I was at Betis.

After that I have managed Betis a few times and it's usually a good save.

FM2007, with St Pauli. I took them from the German L.3 North up to the Bundesliga within two seasons with little money but some excellent loan signings. First season at the top was a mare, didn't get a single win until my first clach with the mighty Bayern Munchen mid season and scored a shock 3-1 away win. All went rosey from there, 3 place the next season and a spot in the Uefa cup, 2nd the following season and Uefa cup final. Even made it an all German Champions League final the following year. I never did beat Bayern again, even with a much improved squad.

Great fun doing so much with a relitively small team, but frustrating that despite having a sold out 18,000 stadium right from my second season and eventually over £50m in the bank the local council would never let me expand and the board never offered to build a new one (not even in my name honour ;-) )

A bit boring but my best experience was managing Liverpool to the treble in my second season in FM06. I had a huge transfer budget after this so I bought Shevchenko (back when he was still amazing :)) and asked the club to expand the youth facilities. They refused, I gave them an ultimatum... and they sacked me. The season after I won the treble. Because I wanted a better youth academy :(

Bournemouth was mine, started off unemployed and managed to get the Wrexham job in November.

And after struggling with Wrexham at the start of the next season i was sacked, but i managed to get the Mansfield job which was available when Wrexham sacked me.

I got Mansfield to a 5th place finish and then lost in the Play Off final with Mansfield, i had not signed any players as i had spent alot of time building up ther Wrexham job and was gutted they had sacked me. My heart was just not in the Masnfield job so i resigned after the play off defeat.

After a month or so unemployed i applied and got the job as Bournemouth manager who had struggled the season before in League 2, and i never looked back. I was enjoying myself again built up my own team of bargins and free agents, and got us playing lovely football, passing it on the deck and regulary out passing teams.

Finished 4th in League 2 on 91 points my first season in charge [the top 3 teams all finished on 92 points :O] went up through the play-offs, then the second season to my suprise we tore League 1 apart as Champions finishing on 100 points, Doncaster finished 2nd on 97 points though.

We also won the Johnstones Paint Trophy that season, includin a 6-0 semi final win away at Norwich and 3-0 at home. :D

We finished 3rd in my first season in the Championship on 80 points, although Portsmouth were deducted 10 points so we would have finished 4th otherwise, we then lost in the Play Off final 2-0 at Wmebley against Portsmouth.

Second season in the Championship we finished 6th this time on 72 points, once again getting to the Play Off final, this time losing 1-0 at Wembley against Middlesbrough.

All this whilst still having my Bournemouth team playing "total football" regulary passing teams of the pitch and having 62% + in matches, and working with a Small budget.

Just about to start the 2015/16 season, and i have been offered the Wolves job. Who finished 3rd last season and we beat them 3-0 at home and drew 1-1 away in the Play Off semi finals last season.

But i don't know if i want to leave Bournemouth, got some good young regens here, i'm on the teams favoured personal list, and the team moral is superb almost every player as got me on the 'Favourite personal' list. I'm also trying to get the club to expand the stadium from 9,600.

Just checked the Championship league table history and Wolves have finished in the play-offs the last 4 seasons, losing every time.

League 2 final table

League 1 final table

Championship final table

Second season in the Championship, final table

My manager profile

30676712.png

23487644.png

Bournemouth was mine, started off unemployed and managed to get the Wrexham job in November.

And after struggling with Wrexham at the start of the next season i was sacked, but i managed to get the Mansfield job which was available when Wrexham sacked me.

I got Mansfield to a 5th place finish and then lost in the Play Off final with Mansfield, i had not signed any players as i had spent alot of time building up ther Wrexham job and was gutted they had sacked me. My heart was just not in the Masnfield job so i resigned after the play off defeat.

After a month or so unemployed i applied and got the job as Bournemouth manager who had struggled the season before in League 2, and i never looked back. I was enjoying myself again built up my own team, and got us playing lovely football, passing it on the deck and regulary out passing teams.

Finished 4th in League 2 on 91 points my first season in charge [the top 3 teams all finished on 92 points :O] went up through the play-offs, then the second season to my suprise we tore League 1 apart as Champions finishing on 100 points, Doncaster finished 2nd on 97 points though.

We also won the Johnstones Paint Trophy that season, includin a 6-0 semi final win away at Norwich and 3-0 at home. :D

We finished 3rd in my first season in the Championship on 80 points, although Portsmouth were deducted 10 points so we would have finished 4th otherwise, we then lost in the Play Off final 2-0 at Wmebley against Portsmouth.

Second season in the Championship we finished 6th this time on 72 points, once again getting to the Play Off final, this time losing 1-0 at Wembley against Middlesbrough.

All this whilst still having my Bournemouth team playing "total football" regulary passing teams of the pitch and having 62% + in matches.

Just about to start the 2015/16 season, and i have been offered the Wolves job. Who finished 3rd last season and we beat them 3-0 at home and drew 1-1 away in the Play Off semi finals last season.

But i don't know if i want to leave Bournemouth, got some good young regens here, i'm on the teams favoured personal list, and the team moral is superb almost every player as got me on the 'Favourite personal' list. I'm also trying to get the club to expand the stadium from 9,600.

Just checked the Championship league table history and Wolves have finished in the play-offs the last 4 seasons, losing every time.

If it helps mate. Dont leave Bournemouth. Achieve or try to achieve everything with them.

If it helps mate. Dont leave Bournemouth. Achieve or try to achieve everything with them.

Thanks mate, yeah i think i will stay with Bournemouth. I've grown very fond of them, and i'm proud of what we have achieved.

I think i will keep going, and try to get them into the Premier League. :thup:

Thanks mate, yeah i think i will stay with Bournemouth. I've grown very fond of them, and i'm proud of what we have achieved.

I think i will keep going, and try to get them into the Premier League. :thup:

I would as well tbh. You got the team playing how you want to play. Youve done everything yourself and if you move you have to start again and you may not be given enough time to shape things to how you want them to be.

Fiorentina for me, always seem to have a successful game with them. sleeping giant imo

Same here; I haven't managed them in FM'10, but in FM'09 they were easily the most fun I'd had. Not enough prestige or money to make it easy, but if you do it right you've got a team that can pretty much win everything.

I'm currently at Valencia, which is also pretty fun (although a tycoon took me over, which has honestly made my save a lot less entertaining; he just left, though, so hopefully players will want out and I'll have to actually be clever about my transfers again).

I had a multi-league save on FM 2007, after 5 years in Scotland with Rangers and a spell at Sunderland I went on to West Ham - Inherited a respectable squad and was expecting to challenge for 4th Champs League spot. Lucas Castroman and Maxi Rodriguez played out of their skins and with 3 games of the season to go, the title was in my hands, was in the FA Cup Final and made it to the UEFA Cup final.

Really enjoyed it because I brought over a couple of my Rangers boys over (they did well) and also had to use the entire squad + youth players to get through the season - So was a combined effort against the odds.

Unfortunately I ****ed the league away with 2 games to go, lost the FA Cup in the last minute and the UEFA cup on penalties.

Up until then the season was magic!

Well, my current save is proving to be very entertaining.

It's another Granada C.F. save ;)

As per usual, started off in the Segunda B4. Gained promotion immediately to the Liga adelante.

Back to back promotion, this time winning the Liga adelante and up to the lofty heights of the Liga BBVA. Also managed to win the Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey) with a last-minute goal against the mighty Real Madrid.

Now, not only are my team promoted to the top-flight of Spanish football and in the EURO Cup thanks to the cup win, but all of a sudden, I get both a new stadium (not named after me sadly...) and a takeover! Riches beyond my wildest dreams were presented to me and boy did I go to town!

Torres, Silva, Fazio, Hulk, Hamsik, Sakho - pretty much emptied the pot of gold. Couldn't afford Fabregas though... Arsenal wanted 120 million and not a penny less!! Adding those to my excellent batch of regens and the team is already off and flying. Highlight so far, early in the season... a 6-1 win away to Liverpool in the EURO Cup, with a hat-trick from none other than Torres! :)

This save has gone way off on a tangent to my normal Granada saves, where it's all about finding the best youth talent and building steadily. Back to back promotions through to the Liga BBVA aren't too difficult, but that's where the challenge normally begins, especially with limited funds and lower reputation. Normally, first season is about staying in the Liga BBVA, or if possible, a top-half finish, maybe even a sneaky European spot. After that, it's about cementing a place in the top five and challenging for honours.

In FM09 I had a great save where I went to Napoli via Staines, QPR and Feyenoord. Took them to 3 league titles but it was more the attacking players and great youth prospects that came through that made my time in Italy great fun. I took 1 striker called Fernando Cadeiro from Feyenoord (where he had a goal a game) to Italy and he continued the trend and banged in all kinds of goals.

In FM10 I have just had a great save oing via Bath, Carlisle, Rotherham and ending up in Holland with Den Bosch. there I eventually won the league 6 years in a row and also had 1 UEFA cup win under my belt. The league itself became a walk in the park but the players I had brought in and youngsters I blooded in become firm fans favourites - as well as my own!

Mine would have to be my current Lusitano de Evora game in Portugal, started as a newly promoted team to the 2nd Division South in June 2010, now in November 2031 having won the last 8 league titles and 3 previous Champions Leagues, starting to move out some of my old codgers and bring in the youth of tomorrow, had a 8 month stay at Brazil and managed to become runner-up in the World Cup, but now I am just enjoying the star players I have and trying to make them play beautiful football.

Conventry was good, building a squad around aron gunnarsson.

Spur's on 2006

Boca on 2008, won everything with them and pretty much had the Argentine national team.

Liverpool was a good save although i ruined it by joining sunderland after the board sold one of my prospects for a price that was insanely stupid for someone as good as him.

1. AFC Wimbledon - I am now in the year of 2050. Have won 19 Premier League titles and many CL, FA-Cup, League- Cup titles, you name it. Also have the Stadium named after me. Very fun team to play with.

2. Strømsgodset IF - The team in my heart. Won many Norwegian league titles and came to the group stages in the Champions League.

3. Valladolid - Had a good save with them in Spain. And i loooove their team jersey.

Rangers.. definately.. I'm not a Rangers fan, but on a game in FM2005 I think I signed Fernando Correa from a spanish side.. Mallorca I think.. He was fantastic and scored a BUNCH of goals and took us to Champions League victory!.. had some of the greatest regen talents on that team.. those were the days!

On Fm2010 it has to be my Leeds game.. Just won the EPL and have a centre-back from my own youth squad which has 50-60 caps for england and he's just 24!

shewsbury town at the moment 5 years in and in the championship with no money, my other one was aston villa and played my old club on the last day of the season, all i needed was a point to win the league, i conceded 90th minute to the player i had signed in the first place. That was good but frustrating

Definitely Kretinga Minija. Took them from Lithuanian Second South to 12th in Europe... and still going.

I admit I did cheat (boo!), after about 9 seasons I had to slightly increase the league reputation. My actions seem justified now that that feature will be in FM11.

My current FM10 career game. Started at V-Varen Nagasaki in Japan, took them through back to back promotions to the top flight, won the domestic title after 3 years, and recently (even though I left the day before :( ) won the Asian Champions League.

Now with Stuttgart and trying to rebuild the whole squad because we're bleeding money (losing $5 million a month!). I have already revamped the squad and looking to get back to challenging Bayern for the title next season, since we're too far down the table already..

My best is with my current game with Notts County. I took over them when they were in league 2.....finished 1st and brought them up, however their debt stopped me from buying great players and therefore I ended up selling my whole team except players such as Ben Davies and i built a new team. This system worked until i got back to back promotions till i got to the premier league when i had to actually keep my players. By the 20/21 season they were the best in the world, had a tycoon takeover and now they are filthy rich. I won every trophy possible for 4 seasons in a row. It was great....

I then did something I will always regret......I left them. I wanted to do it again, so I resigned and waited for clubs. It took me 6 months to find another job and I eventually got York. They sacked me after 2 seasons. I then came across Bristol Rovers who were in serious debt and at the bottom of league 2......The perfect challenge. So I joined them and now after 6 or 7 seasons in charge I am now challenging for Europe with them while watching Notts County control the league.......It is a great feeling knowing that you brought up a team that is dominating the table. But I still regret leaving them

Archived