Injured Player Transfers/Tycoon Question

Hi all,

1. Just thinking about what annoys me on fm2010 whilst viewing the improvements for 2011, and i remembered how annoying it is when you want to sign an injured player!

You cannot transfer them because they dont pass their medical, when i real life clubs can transfer injured players, it is just not common.

An example would be Stephen Hunt from Hull to Wolves, whilst being out for a predicted 6months!

2. A question i have been wanting to ask for a while now, has anyone ever had their club taken over by a tycoon or anyone else for that matter, because ive never had my clubs sold?

If so, do you get improved budgets or new challenges? does anything change?

Thanks,

Andy

I got a tycoon takeover at Velez in Argentina and the money I go was huge for the league I was in, bit strange that a tycoon from Portugal would buy an Argentine club though. When the takeover had been completed the tycoons first act was to announce a £7.25 million improvement of the youth and training facilities followed by clearing the £8 million debt and raising the clubs balance to £28 million. A few months later he put another £13 million into the club and gave me a £27.5 million transfer money for the new season, due to the huge wages I was paying out he also made sure the clubs bank balance never dropped below £20 million always topping it up if it did.

@AcidBurn - That sounds really quite interesting! :p would make my games a bit more interesting :p

It did make it very interesting, I was doing a challenge to win the champions league on every continent. I had a poor showing in the Libertadores but with the Portuguese blokes cash I was able to buy the players that could grab me the trophy and then I left. On my game Tigres in the Mexican league are filthy rich and I have just recently joined a Stoke City side that had a tycoon takeover 6 or 7 seasons ago. Got plenty of money to try and win the champions league with an English team this time then I will move on again.

I've just had a tycoon takeover with Everton but it was completely pointless as I already had £280m in the bank. He boosted it to £480m and built new training and youth facilities. I'm leaving at the end of my contract after 7 Champions Legaues in 16 years amongst many other trophies. No fun, wish it had come about 8 years ealier!

Some good examples here people, thanks for letting me know it is possible! :p

Anymore would be very much welcome, and if anyone could answer relating to my first comment on injury transfers that would be great!

If a mod sees this, any chance we will see injury transfers happen in the next game or two :p its only a small edit, for that matter, is it possible that i could do it myself?! :p

Hi all,

1. Just thinking about what annoys me on fm2010 whilst viewing the improvements for 2011, and i remembered how annoying it is when you want to sign an injured player!

You cannot transfer them because they dont pass their medical, when i real life clubs can transfer injured players, it is just not common.

An example would be Stephen Hunt from Hull to Wolves, whilst being out for a predicted 6months!

The Aqualani transfer to Liverpool would be another real life example of the transfer of injured players going through. I've never really thought about it before but if they happen in real football then they should also happen in FM.

The Aqualani transfer to Liverpool would be another real life example of the transfer of injured players going through. I've never really thought about it before but if they happen in real football then they should also happen in FM.

Another example would be S.Downing transfer to Aston Villa. He arrived in crutches for the medical check and still signed for them. Yeah, I think FM should also improve this. Maybe you can discuss and convince your board that the player would improve the club etc.

Archived