So when a player has already scored 2 goals...

I was drawing 2-2 83 minutes gone. My striker had 2 goals and we were awarded a penalty. My striker went up to take it to my disappointment, his pen taking stat was 7 while the best in my club was 18.

Sadly the game ended in a 2-2. It was quite irritating.

Its happened before and people have commented it. However I think it only happens if you are winning comfortably.

This is probably my strangest 'penalty to complete a hat-trick'. We were not winning comfortably but I wonder of the time was taken into account?

I found myself at the wrong end of the penalty-taking choices!!

Last game of the season. My striker needed one goal to break the club record for goals in one season.

I made him my penalty taker for the game.

Unfortunately my centre-mid had scored two goals already in the game, and he took a late penalty :/ Denied. Should have substituted the bleeder, with hindsight...

Happened to me when winning 3-1 and the player (David Ball - Man City youth player) missed for his hat-trick. We clung on to win 3-2. Nice touch but his penalty stats weren't all that great, and I think it should probably be limited to players who've already scored 2 goals AND have a reasonable penalty stat.

Archived