Lower League Management

I'm starting as a team in League 2 (Haven't decided whom yet but not one of the biggies) and am hoping to build them into a powerhouse. I have seen many people talk about doing this kind of thing but I was wondering do you start off with sunday league experience or international player experience? As I know this makes a big difference when settling in. Also can anybody recommend cheap good players at this level

In this community, Lower League Management refers to a specific philosophy of play and what you describe ain't it. I'd recommend staying away from the LLM forum. If you post that you're starting in League 2 with international experience and ask for player recommendations, they'll fill you so full of holes, you'll think you're Swiss.

For the team I suggest Barnet. I support them and its quite a challenge. It's a small ground and the council won't expand it, with a small wage budget. You do however start with Albert Adomah, one of the best players in League 2 I reckon.

I went with Darlington and I've been happy with em though I'm only in my second season. Definitely promotable in the first season with the right transfers.

And, unlike the last guy, they a huge arena for maximum expandability. But that does mean high costs - you'll have to get creative to avoid going into the red.

My best signing for the first season was an AMR called Max Noble who is a real pro.

If you start with Sunday League, then you'll find it thougher. I'd you're League 2, then only the bigshots won't listen to you, and it'll be difficult to attract players until you've proven you're a good manager. In League 1, even fewer players will listen to you.

International, all the players will think you're a God since they can only aspire to have careers as successful as yours, and will listen to you, and play their heart out every game. Players are more likely to join you, because they'll believe that you have the something about you to make it into a quality side.

The other past experiences are obviously in between. It follows that international is easier than sunday league, depends how much of a challenge you want as to how you'll do.

In this community, Lower League Management refers to a specific philosophy of play and what you describe ain't it. I'd recommend staying away from the LLM forum. If you post that you're starting in League 2 with international experience and ask for player recommendations, they'll fill you so full of holes, you'll think you're Swiss.

i would also recommend staying away from the LLM forum, despite the name is strictly not exclusively Lower League Management. they should change their name if you ask me to stop people confusing them with something else, how many times ive seen new(ish) members think its just a forum for general LLM

just to say i have no problem with LLM'ers (except the no lower league updates rule!) and have played sveral saves in their system

regards

daniel

I think you should have automatic manager rep, or sunday league if you want a bigger challenge

as for players, there are many free agents out there, and try raiding premiership and championship reserve teams for loanees :)

Andy

Archived