How to find good new signings

Depends on the level, and the situation at the club.

If you are a top flight team, you can always go to the page of (I think) any to flight player, and click "Create Player Search Filter Form" under the scouting drop down menu. This will create a search filter with that player's attributes, so you can find more players similar to him. You might even find a budding star.

For lower clubs, I tend to find going through the player search to be the best way. Check the players who have a "wanted" status, as they are likely gonna be better than someone who isn't wanted. Hope that helps.

Your backroom staff will recommend a player or two during those meetings that most players skip. :D

Works like a charm at low levels for me. The players are usually free, easily approachable, and generally turn out to be good enough. That feature saved me hours of browsing through the lists manually and ordering the scouts around.

Also, some time before the season starts you'll get news about released players, and there's at least a few real quality players released by the bigger clubs that you can attract.

Use the player search to identify players who are under 21 with a value greater than £1m (or higher of there are too many), then get your scouts busy looking at them. Discard all the ones that come back with rubbish reports then send the scouts out again to get a second opinion on all the others. Do that a couple of times and you'll have a pretty good list of players who are likely to become superstars.

Archived