Player Interaction

Basically, more of it is needed

I'm currently playing as Shamrock Rovers and my right mid (who is a big of as legend tbh) had been attracting interest in the first half of the season from a few teams

So it's the middle of June and Gretna come in with an offer of £65k, he's valued at £55k but the asking price is £100k, just because I thought that would make teams think again before making a bid

But apparently the AI takes no notice of this and now I have him unhappy with me because i rejected it

Now idealy I'd like to tell him that he'll be allowed to leave at the end of the season, but he's too important to the teams title challenge to leave now

But I can't tell him this until he hands in a transfer request, but i.I'd rather tell him it now to PREVENT the tranfer request

Could do with a wee revamp of the player interaction system for 09 i reckon

Basically, more of it is needed

I'm currently playing as Shamrock Rovers and my right mid (who is a big of as legend tbh) had been attracting interest in the first half of the season from a few teams

So it's the middle of June and Gretna come in with an offer of £65k, he's valued at £55k but the asking price is £100k, just because I thought that would make teams think again before making a bid

But apparently the AI takes no notice of this and now I have him unhappy with me because i rejected it

Now idealy I'd like to tell him that he'll be allowed to leave at the end of the season, but he's too important to the teams title challenge to leave now

But I can't tell him this until he hands in a transfer request, but i.I'd rather tell him it now to PREVENT the tranfer request

Could do with a wee revamp of the player interaction system for 09 i reckon

Player interaction is something I'd like to see focused on a bit more for the next installment.

I think it should be more of a 1 on 1 thing. Like when critisizing or praising a certain player, it shows up in the media and can effect the whole team, but if you were able to talk to the player 1 on 1 about his performances, I would think it would make the player feel more comfortable about the situation and tell you whats on his mind rather than being completely embarrassed because everything goes through the media.

So in short, I agree with you. And I also think there should be an option to choose to speak to the player privately or take it to the media.

if you get the wee message at the bottom of the transfer negotiations saying the player would like to talk to them i always negotiate it. there is always a price you will sell someone at. so if you negotiate and say 5mill. then chances are gretna are just gonna say no thanks and your player wont complain or if your lucky they will bid 5mill and you wont mind.

Archived