Re-Hired as national manager for 2nd time? Is this possible...

Hi, I was just wondering. If I accept the post as Italy manager, therefore quitting my England job, will I ever be offered the job again, or will I ever be allowed to re sign as manager?

I was just wondering whether the game shuts you out or not, or whether you can join again.

The current England batch are quite terrible in my game, and I want the chance to manage a top team. but I would hate to think that I could never be allowed to manage England again, in say 10 years time.

You will be fine. This only happens at club level.

On a network game I had a friend who took the Poland job and then resigned straight away and then took it again, this process continued about 20 times, it got quite annoying!

Hmm well I just ran a test, and took the Italy job then applied for the England Job back, and I was unsuccessful. They Hired Aidrian Boothroyd instead of me! Which is ridiculous, as in the last 4 years at club level I have won 4 Leagues, 2 Champions Leagues, and 2 Fa Cups. He has done nothing. Its now 2018 but I also won the 2014 world cup with some shrewd tactics, yet performed averagely at all other competitions, but still met the FA's expectations. Seems they will shut me out for my disloyalty.

You can get the job back on my save I was sacked as England manager in 2021 after having a poor showing at the Confederations Cup. This meant that I didn't get to take charge of the team for the World Cup in England, the World Cup happened and England went out in the quarter finals. Fast forward 4 years and England failed to get to the 2026 World Cup losing to Scotland in a play-off, they then came crawling and approached me to return but I rejected the offer, so it is possible to go back.

I was the Brazil manager, resigned to take the England job, but every year or 6 months when they sack a manager, they always offer me the job... which I always refuse.

Even though I've wom the world cup twice in a row and euro's... in 2023, might be looking for a new international challenge

Yeah but Brazil are a bit special when it comes to bringing in Managers. During 1 world cup on my long term save they sacked the then manager after the 1st group game they drew....then resigned him....only to sack him after the 3rd game.

If your contract expires you should be fine in FM10 going back to a club.....if its Brazil you can get the job 3 times in one WC.

You will be fine. This only happens at club level.

On a network game I had a friend who took the Poland job and then resigned straight away and then took it again, this process continued about 20 times, it got quite annoying!

Are you saying that it's impossible to have two seperate stints at one club in a save?

Are you saying that it's impossible to have two seperate stints at one club in a save?

I've done it. With two clubs. It's not impossible but will probably depend on how you leave the club and the gap between stints. FWIW I resigned both times and still went back.

It's also possible to have national jobs multiple times. I've been sacked by Mexico twice :D

Hmm well I just ran a test, and took the Italy job then applied for the England Job back, and I was unsuccessful. They Hired Aidrian Boothroyd instead of me! Which is ridiculous, as in the last 4 years at club level I have won 4 Leagues, 2 Champions Leagues, and 2 Fa Cups. He has done nothing. Its now 2018 but I also won the 2014 world cup with some shrewd tactics, yet performed averagely at all other competitions, but still met the FA's expectations. Seems they will shut me out for my disloyalty.

in all fairness if you resign and re apply to fill the role YOU vacated of courese they will say no, try again in a few seasons or after the next major tournament

Archived