Jose Mourinho's Son

It's an error in the son creating system, it seems players place of birth is worked out by current country of the father, rather than the location of their farther on the date of birth.

When I was playing with Atletico Madrid in Fm 2008, I set my nationality as Spanish and with the name of Kabul Sertkan (my real name and completely turkish) , after 3-4 for years, A young player joined my u18 team named Juan Sertkan , was surprised me.

When I was playing with Atletico Madrid in Fm 2008, I set my nationality as Spanish and with the name of Kabul Sertkan (my real name and completely turkish) , after 3-4 for years, A young player joined my u18 team named Juan Sertkan , was surprised me.

it's a nice feature in the game but i dont think they should do it with real players and coaches because you know their real histories. I think in 1994 Mourinho was working for Sporting, so it's a bit daft (or scandalous?!) to have a half-Italian son of his appearing in FM. Let's keep it to human managers and regens.

Am I right in thinking Joses missus is Portugese too? If so he should have Portugese at his first nationality regardless of birthplace, and Italian second (unless Jose had been a naughty boy of course) ;~)

it's a nice feature in the game but i dont think they should do it with real players and coaches because you know their real histories. I think in 1994 Mourinho was working for Sporting, so it's a bit daft (or scandalous?!) to have a half-Italian son of his appearing in FM. Let's keep it to human managers and regens.

I agree. Even as one who's very not fluent in European football, I immediately realized the oddity of his son being Italian. The good news, though, is that real players and staff only last so long in a game, then it's all regens anyway.

But despite the obvious fallacy, It's pretty cool to see that this feature extends to the AI as well, and not just eye-candy for human managers. icon14.gif

I'm pretty sure this is real.

I remember Gareth Southgate having a son (confusingly named Gareth Southgate) on FM07. At first I thought it was a coincidence, since the son's birthplace was listed as Middlesbrough, and his "father" would have been playing for Crystal Palace during the son's birth date. But later in the game the elder Gareth went on to manage Arsenal (!) and Real Madrid(!!) and signed his son for both teams.

Archived