Relegated But Not Sacked

Share your experiences. Its the first time in any game of Fm that i have been relegated, to be fair my squad was lucky to get promotion to the championship.

Got Bristol Rovers up to Championship using their default squad, did it without signing any players.

Next season, board say just avoid relegation. Same squad, same rules, i finished bottom and went back down.

Job status was at very insecure, but i didn't get sacked. Back to league 1 now, and the board expect a mid table finish. icon_wink.gif

Still haven't signed one player, and a few of my youths are starting to turn into good players. Got loads of money because i haven't bought anyone, and my wages are well under control.

Second upgrade to Youth Facilities is under way, hopefully it will be top class after this upgrade.

Share your experiences. Its the first time in any game of Fm that i have been relegated, to be fair my squad was lucky to get promotion to the championship.

Got Bristol Rovers up to Championship using their default squad, did it without signing any players.

Next season, board say just avoid relegation. Same squad, same rules, i finished bottom and went back down.

Job status was at very insecure, but i didn't get sacked. Back to league 1 now, and the board expect a mid table finish. icon_wink.gif

Still haven't signed one player, and a few of my youths are starting to turn into good players. Got loads of money because i haven't bought anyone, and my wages are well under control.

Second upgrade to Youth Facilities is under way, hopefully it will be top class after this upgrade.

I have just taken Venlo up to the Dutch Premier Division as champions in the First Division.

I also got to the Quarter Final of the Dutch Cup. Way above my 3rd round expectation.

This was my first season at the club and i only signed a one year deal, which runs out on June 30th.

My current date in ame is 24th June and i havent been offered a new deal yet.

Im just hoping when i get home and load up i get a new deal which i think i deserve.

people say its all bad being relegated but its not too bad considering the struggle you may go through and all the emotions as you slip away from safety. I find it a great challenge having to maybe release a few players and rely on what you have left to clinch promotion and maybe go up stronger and remain a league higher and build from that! Thats what this game makes you realise its so close to the real thing but not if you know what i mean!! Effing brill this game! icon_biggrin.gif

i took West Brom up to Prem in 1st season and got relegated finished 18th, and they offered me a new contract, got promoted again and struggling still, maybe its just me and im buying wrong players but dont think i'll be keeping job should i go down again :-(

I agree JR866Gunner!!!

I often start a game going on holiday until january, and then see which team is doing worst and is furthest from safety. Then I take over that team and try and turn the club around in the remaining fixtures.

Alas, my enjoyment of this has been spoilt somewhat with FM08 due to the fact if I take over in January, even if I guide the club to safety at the end of the season I am sacked almost every time because of the confidence carrying over from the previous manager!! icon_mad.gif

Still, it's quite good to wait until the end of the year and take over a relegated club, with the aim of getting them back up IMO

Well my 5th season is under way as Bristol Rovers after my relegation last year from the championship. Youth facilities are still being upgraded, but i have a cool 5 million in the bank to get training facilities upgraded afterwards.

Because i am relying on youth and current squad players only, i find myself in between the two leagues in terms of talent.

After 11 games of the new season i am 1st, with only the two teams that came down with me, with better players. My players are good enough for this division but not quite good enough at championship level, although i do have a couple of youths which are now getting first team football that could be prem level at their peak i think. If i go up this time i may just be able to avoid a repeat relegation i think.

i started agame with stranraer who are in scottish 3rd for those that dont know. Managed to get promoted first season via the playoff and then again to first division in the next season, again via the playoff though i did finish second in league. I could tell back to back promotions would't work and team was no way ready for next level as it proved to be with relegation back to second. This however gave me a great chance to improve and just tweak squad abit with a few new players. Ended up winning 2nd division and am in a much better position in 1st division this time round at the minute 7 points ahead of relegation zone after just 12 games which i feel is pretty decent. Guess it will take a few seasons to even be in position to get to spl mainly due to my board being as unambitious as can be. They won't get me a parent club, improve facilities which are not even second division standard let alone first and have given me no money what so ever. Makes it abit of a struggle but then thats the challenge!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived