Weirdest/Most Impressive top scorer?

Football Manager has defiantly gradually improved over the years in terms of a teams performance in the league, their transfers and their player performances but every so often I am surprised by something.

On my current game, (I'm playing as Burnely) in 2010/2011, Manchester City's Tevez finished the season as the Premierships leading goalscorer with 42 goals, that's more than a goal a game.

A few other little wonders were Blackburn's Nikola Kalinic consistently getting 20+ goals a season and the odd defender, like John Pantsil chipping in with 10 odd goals, I'm guessing there from free-kicks.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any unexpected leading goalscorers for one reason or another?

David Villa's 49 goals in a single season and the tender age of 33 is bloody impressive especially to say the likes of Benzema, brahimovic, Solgado are still quite young compared to Villa and generally have better physical attributes since there younger. I can see him smashing that record this season aswell, 15 games played and 33 goals thats on average 2 goals a game :O

49 Goals in a season

outstanding if i say so myself.

David Villa's 49 goals in a single season and the tender age of 33 is bloody impressive especially to say the likes of Benzema, brahimovic, Solgado are still quite young compared to Villa and generally have better physical attributes since there younger. I can see him smashing that record this season aswell, 15 games played and 33 goals thats on average 2 goals a game :O

49 Goals in a season

outstanding if i say so myself.

Impressive indeed.

I remember a few seasons back Yakubu always used to dominate the scoring charts. His stats were pretty poor but he'd always be grabbing 30+ a season. This form earned him a move to Chelsea and then Real Madrid where he was constantly one of the most lethal forwards in Europe. He then won the golden boot at a world cup and finally, after retiring from playing, managed Colchester into the Premiership!

(Yet whenever I signed him he was bollocks!)

took over as bristol city,won promotion to the premiership, my top scorer for the promotion season was emile heskey!! 30 goals in a season...most hes scored over his career!!:p yet in the premiership in my game at the moment same old heskey P11 scored 2

On one of my saves the top scorer for the 2011 season was Daniel Sturridge.

On my current City game Torres is unstopable, won the top scorer award 3 times out of 4 (Tevez got the other) and in the Euros scored all 8 of Spains goals before they were knocked out in the first knock out stage by Sweden.

Shun the non-believer. ;) I don’t think he’s cheated, Villa is class in my save to, and in real-life.

yeah, Villa's great in my save too (never seems to score against me tho! wish i could say the same about c. ronaldo!), i dont think its a cheat, just a design failure of the game to decline his attributes a little. At 33, only 1 or 2 points down from his peak would be fair but it would probably have him getting 20 goals a season, which i would say is about right. Obviously the guy is a class act in real life but we'll see if he can keep that up, or even have the motivation to do it, in 6 years time.

Using the corner cheat much?

I had a feeling somebody would mention this. I wouldn't even know were to start with the cheat as I've never looked it up, only heard of it. Just got a CB with high jumping/heading/strength stats who goes up for corners. If I did use that cheat I'd have hoped to have more success than I have already in cups and the league.

Also, as a side note, none of my other CB's can emulate his record when tried on the occasions he's been injured.

I can barely get anyone to score in FM2010! However if I take into account all SI games then I can clearly remember a Dutch player called Dick Koiijman who a defensive midfielder. He bagged 27 goals, most from long range. No other midfielder has ever come close to being so amazing. :p

This was on CM00/01 if I remember correctly. :D

I have a Fm2010 game where I've set up my own senario that United have been booted down to BSP. Still with full squad, but I have to sell if a decent offer comes in. Anyway, as you can imagine this has still made many games one sided in my favour and goals/game reflect that. Rooney ended with 55 goals in 35 league games. Berba 38 in 25 and Owen 41 in 30. More impressively I thought was David healy on loan from Sunderland, 20 in just 7 league starts.

I know some of you will hate me for doing that, but it's a fun was to play.

Kaká on FM 2008 for Milan, 66 goals in a season, can't remember how many games were played. Got to the final of CL, Italian Cup and the club were in the CWC...first season..

All goes on tactics

Ronaldo Biachi on 2008 with 28

Johan Elmander with a massive 14 goals on 2010, sold him then for 28million to united

and on 2006 jermaine Defoe had 39 goals in 44 games, that season i only had 4 goalscorers, Tevez had 28 in 38, Jenas had 7 in 34 and robbie keane had 8 in 10.

Archived