Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

The Evertonbloke Round the World Challenge.

Heres the situation: You are an unproven young manager with a burning desire to prove yourself as the best of the best. Starting out with no reputation, none of the big clubs would look twice at you. You must start in some village team out the back and beyond! Building your reputation steadily and jumping ship to more well known teams is the only way to succeed. Only time will tell if you really do have what it takes to win it all.

(Originally called Evertonblokes big long challenge, anyone still playing from FM07 is more than welcome to post in this thread)

It’s a very simple premise, you have to collect all the trophies on the list below:

World

World Cup

European Cup

African Nations Cup

Asian Cup

North America Gold Cup

Copa America

Confederations Cup

European

Euro Vase

Euro Cup

Euro Champions Cup

Euro Super Cup

Americas

North America Champions Cup

Copa Libertadores

Copa Sudamerica

Recopa

Africa

African Champions League

African Cup Winners Cup

African Super Cup

Asia

Asian Champions League

Confederations Cup

South East Asian Club Championship

East Asian Championship

Specials

Royal League - top 4 teams from Norway, Sweden, Denmark

All Ireland Cup - Top teams from Ireland and Northern Ireland

World Club Championship

You can run as many leagues as you want, remembering that the more leagues and divisions there are, the more opportunities there will be. However you WILL need a minimum of the following leagues:

1 from Sweden, Denmark, or Norway

1 from Ireland or Northern Ireland

1 from Brazil or Argentina

1 from Singapore or Malaysia

1 from USA or Mexico

1 from South Korea or China

South Africa

Australia

Plus it is recommended that you take a big European League and retain all players from New Zealand to help with some of the competitions.

I would advise to run some leagues to their lowest division to help with getting a job when you have little or no rep in that country.

Rules

Any DB size, any retained countries

No game editors or editing allowed

Attribute masking ON

You must win all the cups with one manager.

You must start off as an unemployed manager with automatic previous experience

The winner is the first to collect all these cups, and photo proof will be required!

Player naming is allowed, but only in the respect of putting in a team report. IE. No lists of players you recommend others buy.

Please post screenies of anything you wish and give updates on anything that you think would be interesting to the other challengers.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Evertonbloke Round the World Challenge.

Heres the situation: You are an unproven young manager with a burning desire to prove yourself as the best of the best. Starting out with no reputation, none of the big clubs would look twice at you. You must start in some village team out the back and beyond! Building your reputation steadily and jumping ship to more well known teams is the only way to succeed. Only time will tell if you really do have what it takes to win it all.

(Originally called Evertonblokes big long challenge, anyone still playing from FM07 is more than welcome to post in this thread)

It’s a very simple premise, you have to collect all the trophies on the list below:

World

World Cup

European Cup

African Nations Cup

Asian Cup

North America Gold Cup

Copa America

Confederations Cup

European

Euro Vase

Euro Cup

Euro Champions Cup

Euro Super Cup

Americas

North America Champions Cup

Copa Libertadores

Copa Sudamerica

Recopa

Africa

African Champions League

African Cup Winners Cup

African Super Cup

Asia

Asian Champions League

Confederations Cup

South East Asian Club Championship

East Asian Championship

Specials

Royal League - top 4 teams from Norway, Sweden, Denmark

All Ireland Cup - Top teams from Ireland and Northern Ireland

World Club Championship

You can run as many leagues as you want, remembering that the more leagues and divisions there are, the more opportunities there will be. However you WILL need a minimum of the following leagues:

1 from Sweden, Denmark, or Norway

1 from Ireland or Northern Ireland

1 from Brazil or Argentina

1 from Singapore or Malaysia

1 from USA or Mexico

1 from South Korea or China

South Africa

Australia

Plus it is recommended that you take a big European League and retain all players from New Zealand to help with some of the competitions.

I would advise to run some leagues to their lowest division to help with getting a job when you have little or no rep in that country.

Rules

Any DB size, any retained countries

No game editors or editing allowed

Attribute masking ON

You must win all the cups with one manager.

You must start off as an unemployed manager with automatic previous experience

The winner is the first to collect all these cups, and photo proof will be required!

Player naming is allowed, but only in the respect of putting in a team report. IE. No lists of players you recommend others buy.

Please post screenies of anything you wish and give updates on anything that you think would be interesting to the other challengers.

just started this now... (after watching the farce of a reffereeing preformance by clattenburg)

first time ive started the game, so ive got no idea about the speed its going to run...

may need to restart, because ive chose ALOT of leagues, maybe too many. in the previous challenge i wanted to manage in portugal, russia, ukraine, at times, but i didnt have then running, so this time, im playing it safe and running loads of them.

not running any lowere leagues, so not too sure yet where i will get my first job!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just started this now... (after watching the farce of a reffereeing preformance by clattenburg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a farce! Cost me a pint too!

Just installing my game now so will post my profile and leagues in just a second.

Good luck to everyone who is going for this.

After recieving about 10 job offers icon_smile.gif mainly from Brazilian state teams, I went for Almagro in the Argentine Second tier.

Almagro look pretty good, but start with a 3 point deduction. We are just one promotion away from trying to qualify for a challenge cup.

Here we go.....

decided to start again, realized i probably should have been running for lower divisions around the world...

the only jobs i could get previously were managing in south east asia, and i dont realy want to start there!

game just loading up now, hoping to start in eastern europe, or lower league south america

well my first job offer wasnt long in coming...

Kayserispor in Turkish top flight...

closly followed by Paulista, Sparta Rotterdamn, Almagro, Ituano, Baltika Kaliningrad, Vitebsk

Busan and Dinamo Bucharest turned me down outright

Profile - Dec06

after careful though, there isnt realy much of a choice to be made... Kayserispor are by far the biggest team of the bunch, and perhaps the biggest turkish side outside Istanbul. the club is valued at 9.25 million, and predicted to finish 5th, behind the big 3 from istanbul and trabzonspor.

given a transfer budget of 1.9 million, and a wage budget of 50k... the clubs owners must be on drugs hireing me icon_biggrin.gif

Well James Coolio has just finished his first seson in control of Ituano.

I have been promoted after finishing 4th with a team meant to finish 18th i havent played in the state championships.

The board have commented on how pleased they are with this miraculous promotion.

After being askd about the next Season Mr. Coolio simply said i beleive my players can step up to the challenge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i will start this challenge once i get 08, which is in december.

it was a toss up between this and Dafuge's, and this one got 2 out of 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What were the 3 criteria?

Great challenge as it was in FM 07. Never had the time for it but will definitely give this a go although I suppose it'll be hard to process this at the same time with dafuge's. But anyway at least I'll load up a game and play occasionally.

@seanefc: Being a Turk myself, I'm glad that you got in Kayserispor. Definitely it's the best team out of the top 4. And tbh that top 4 could well underachieve easily. So I'm expecting a nice season for you. Most probably you'll be topping the league in 3-4 years of time if you manage to bring in some quality players.

GL to all participants. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i will start this challenge once i get 08, which is in december.

it was a toss up between this and Dafuge's, and this one got 2 out of 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What were the 3 criteria? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no criteria, you got 2 heads to his one tails. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 22 October 2007 17:10 quote:

Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

quote:

i will start this challenge once i get 08, which is in december.

it was a toss up between this and Dafuge's, and this one got 2 out of 3

What were the 3 criteria?

no criteria, you got 2 heads to his one tails. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get in!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danny.harv:

Am starting this now.

I'm only on 07 tho.

Will post my profile in a bit icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ill start it like this as well, then start it again on 08 when i get it

So here goes my profile for this challenge. Leagues are:

Argentina(2)

Australia(1)

China(2)

England(1)

Ireland(2)

Italy(1)

Malasia(2)

South Africa(2)

Spain(1)

Sweden(2)

Turkey(1)

U.S.A(1)

I won't be updating much but I'll be playing this at least. Again, good challenge Evertonbloke. icon14.gif

Evertonbloke Update

I'm half way through my first season and thought I should post my first update icon_smile.gif

I spent the first 8 months of the game waiting for the season to start! I had started in Dec'06 thnaks to the Brazilian League, however getting a job in Argentina where the league starts in August meant a lot of time doing nothing!

I had started with a 3 point deduction, which wasnt too bad in my opinion. I had a transfer budget of £120K which was more than anyone else was offering.

I brought in Fernando Gatti, Jorge Priotti, and Richard Rojas, who all went straight into the first team. Gatti has been a revelation so far, but has just got injured. Luckily I also had a guy called Franco Arizala arriving in Jan'08 (now)

I got rid of 7 squad players to trim the wage bill as well.

Currently we are sitting 7th in the league and need to finish second to get promotion, I dont think we are quite ready for the top flight now though. Lets see how I feel at the end of the season!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ive got a dafuge challenge going, a gundo one and now this lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth do you manage all that lot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 laptops and a desktop?

Right, I'll have a go at this. A nice, long, computer-strainingly slow game to have running in the background while working. icon_smile.gif

Selected countries:

Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, England, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, USA

Started July 8th 2007, applied to all available jobs (21 of them, I believe), and accepted the first offer, on July 9th.

Am now the new manager of Hohhot, in the Chinese First Division. They're currently 13th and last, halfway into the season, with 7 points from 12 matches.

The objective: avoid relegation in the remaining 12 matches this season, and then "establish the team in the First Division" by the end of next season. Sounds like a plan.

Evertonbloke Update

My first season has come to a close with the mighty Almagro finishing 7th. We got as high as 4th and was challenging for the second promotion spot before 4 loses on the bounce ruined that!

During the close season I have cut all the rubbish out of the team and some older first teamers. My First Team squad is now short of a DC, GK, and only has 2 subs! Soon have that sorted!

I didnt actually want to lose the keeper, but the board sold him out from under me icon_frown.gif

Preseason shouldnt take too long and then I'm going for promotion to the top flight icon_smile.gif

History:

Dec '06 - Present: Almagro - No Honours

Oct. 27th 2007 update

110 days in charge of Hohhot in the Chinese First Division, and the first task - avoiding relegation in the remaining 12 matches in the season - is completed.

League table

When I took over the team had 7 points and was in last place, tied with Beijing, so the task was simple - get more points than them. With a 2-7-3, a string of results I was quite pleased with under the circumstances, we should have coasted to safety, but Beijing battled back, and our last match day draw turned out to be vital.

I haven't quite decided yet whether I want to stay on and try to finish mid-table next season. It would be a bit of a challenge - once all the loan players return to their clubs, I'll have 15 players left, and a total bank balance of 22k euro, so not much room for transfers or an increased wage budget.

Sounds like a challenge I'd be up for. But with the off-season lasting a good four and a half months, I may get impatient and keep my eyes open for another job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhamrob:

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

i cant carry thison, my computer cant handle it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No ****!!!! You picked almost every league in the game!! icon_eek.gif

Archived