Please help Do you have Turkish language?

If you have a point but if the original Turkish language of all sales explode

After that first Turkish language Turkish people think we're the original game

Doesn't really work that way unfortunately... There has to be (legitimate) demand before SI can invest and deploy a new language (it costs money to do so!). SI will gain some sales if they open up a bit more to the Turkish market by offering the language, but clearly it isn't worth the investment in doing so.

Pleaseee

Turkish language added champiıonship manager last year at 2010 broke many records in the original game has sold

If you believe football manager of the Turkish language adds a very original game sells turkey

But it did not sell well champiıonship manager was selling last year.

Pleaseee

Turkish language added champiıonship manager last year at 2010 broke many records in the original game has sold

If you believe football manager of the Turkish language adds a very original game sells turkey

But it did not sell well champiıonship manager was selling last year.

Rather simplistically:

1) It costs money to create and deploy a language pack in Turkish (call this X)

2) SI will doubtless get some money back through additional sales in Turkey as a result (call this Y)

3) In order for it to make sense to create and deploy a language pack in Turkish, X must be less than Y

4) Due to piracy, although there are more sales, there will likely be more piracy too (because now Football Manager has the Turkish language), so X>Y rather than X<Y

5) Therefore it makes no sense to create and deploy a Turkish language pack

Nobody knows what Y is, of course, but Y can be estimated through piracy figures in Turkey and sales/piracy figures in neighbouring countries and regions.

OK, you're right about the piracy issue but SI wait the first step from users, users wait the first step from SI. It is not easy to buy orginal games in Turkey's economic condition. Therefore the users find it risky to buy the game without knowing that the next game will include Turkish or not. Most people including me think that SI does not lose to much if tries including Turkish once. Even, we think the sales will be much higher than it is expected with Turkish language. Just give an opportunity to Turkish... You will not regret.

I wish we can stop or decrease the piracy. First the corporations take a step to stop, then the users will take a step.

OK, you're right about the piracy issue but SI wait the first step from users, users wait the first step from SI. It is not easy to buy orginal games in Turkey's economic condition. Therefore the users find it risky to buy the game without knowing that the next game will include Turkish or not. Most people including me think that SI does not lose to much if tries including Turkish once. Even, we think the sales will be much higher than it is expected with Turkish language. Just give an opportunity to Turkish... You will not regret.

I wish we can stop or decrease the piracy. First the corporations take a step to stop, then the users will take a step.

It shouldn't be hard to figure out whether the game contains the Turkish language in before downloading it illegally! The demo might contain it too.

Adding a new language isn't as simple as it seems. The Football Manager game contains hundreds of strings that have to be filled in with Turkish translations. They have to be stored and maintained, and they are bundled with every single DVD that ships out of SI Towers - not just those going to Turkey - it's an overhead that affects all customers. (*)

Software piracy unfortunately differs somewhat from music piracy and film piracy because in general video games have one shot at selling - the game itself. A film can get loads of merchandise, possibly a video game and various spinoffs. A film can be distributed and used across multiple media - television, mobile devices, smartphones and computers. A music CD or DVD can have various extras like behind the scenes, remixes and extra cuts. A track from a CD can be used in a video game or film, licensed for extra money. This is why in some ways (not always) piracy can help music and film sales as it is free publicity.

Unfortunately for software, this doesn't exist. There isn't a whole lot you can do with a piece of software to create additional revenue streams - you can't stick it in a film and you are limited to Macs and PCs (unless you get the different handheld version, which is as-is on a handheld device too). This is why software businesses are often the most wary about piracy and risk-taking in this area.

Of course SI will gain some revenue by adding the Turkish language, inevitably - anyone who is on the edge of buying the game in Turkey or hasn't heard of downloading software illegally may be swayed into buying the game. However, by (*), it appears SI simply think it's not worth the cost. There are ways of projecting the cost of adding the language and ways of projecting future sales even including piracy, after all.

On what grounds do you "we think the sales will be much higher than it is expected with Turkish language"?

SI has a promise: You buy 10,000 legal copies, we add Turkish.

First you have misunderstood what I mean. I mean the users cannot imagine that if they buy the game legally, one think even he buys the game the sells will not reach 10,000 and he would buy the game for nothing. I know buying the game legally is an obligation actually, the other kinds are stealing but most of Turkish players does not think so. They think I buy the game if it will bring me an advantage. It is really too hard to change that mentality.

I can imagine difficulties to add a language. Our website translates the game Turkish for 2 years and it is too hard also. Writing a language must be more difficult.

Sales will be higher I think because Championship Manager 2010 has Turkish language and even it is a lot worse than Football Manager, thousands of people go and buy it and the majority of them even do not play it. They bought just because they have Turkish language and low price. There are also thousands who wait Turkish language in the game for years. They always say, I would definitely buy the game if it has Turkish. Even not all of them buy the game, the number of buyers will be very high.

The main opinion is "What can SI lose, if they try Turkish language for just one year?".

Lots of money?

Say for example (totally random figures), SI make £5 profit per copy sold and it costs £50,000 to translate the game into Turkish, if only 6000 copies are sold then SI have just lost £20,000, whereas if they can guarantee that at least 10,000 Turkish people buy it each year, it makes it worthwhile.

Business is all about taking risks. All entrapreneurship try has own risks. Without taking that risk how can a firm grow up? Yes, there is a possibility to record a loss but on the other hand the sells can be higher and supply SI a new profit area. I think one year loss will not damage SI so much, but the other alternative will make everyone happy.

It is really too hard for Turkey: "First we buy, then they can do something for you". The general opinion here is: "First they do, then we buy."

Because of the difficulty to change that mentality, I think SI can take the risk of loss.

Lots of money?

Say for example (totally random figures), SI make £5 profit per copy sold and it costs £50,000 to translate the game into Turkish, if only 6000 copies are sold then SI have just lost £20,000, whereas if they can guarantee that at least 10,000 Turkish people buy it each year, it makes it worthwhile.

mate random figures make random results. we dont know if its 50.000 to translate a game. anywayz an advice. you turks should try to find some programmers and translate the game by yourself. once a greek manager forum had done the same for us but i dont care if its greek or english.

btw turkish sales must be better than greek sales because turkish league has a division 3 i think

we are translating but it is not possible to make a perfect translation, grammar of english is very different from turkish's so even we have reached about %90's it had mistakes that cannot be solved. If the game has Turkish inside it will also increase the sales a lot, so both SI and we will be winning in this situation I think.

we are translating but it is not possible to make a perfect translation, grammar of english is very different from turkish's so even we have reached about %90's it had mistakes that cannot be solved. If the game has Turkish inside it will also increase the sales a lot, so both SI and we will be winning in this situation I think.

i believe the same, because turkish is not a language that it is spoken only in turkey. many countries around turkey speak it so it would be easier for them to undestand the game too!

What can SI lose, if they try Turkish language for just one year?".

Or to look at it from another way, what can SI lose from keeping everything the same? The game makes money as it is, why go to the hassle and cost of translating into Turkish. There's less risk from not translating the game.

Or to look at it from another way, what can SI lose from keeping everything the same? The game makes money as it is, why go to the hassle and cost of translating into Turkish. There's less risk from not translating the game.

Disappointment? Many people now says Football Manager does not make big improvement and every game looks like the previous one. The expectations are high, there are a lot who thinks that 2010 is not meet their expectations and they also say the same things for 2011 by looking the first pictures.

Of course SI does not want to make their customers disappointed. Does they?

Well I for one am not praying for the Turkish language to be announced as the big new feature of FM11. Nobody apart from Turkish people were 'disappointed' by the lack of Turkish language in FM10. Many people said FM10 was one of the better FM's in recent times. Most Turkish people aren't customers in the traditional sense. Also, I would have thought it was too late to add Turkish in time for FM11. Finally, why should SI change a winning formula. Every year a new FM is released to critical acclaim and big sales.

No no I am not praying for Turkish also, my English level is enough to understand every single phrase but most of Turkish's is not and my suggestions is not for FM2011, they are for 2012 or later games. Whatever you and I say is a vicious cycle. If sales are not enough, no Turkish, if no Turkish, no high sales... Therefore I said one should take the first step and it is easier for SI to take first step I think. Huge amount of players play the game in Turkey, I cannot give an exact number but it must not be too below from 1 million. 10,000 is very small number beside 1 million but it is seriosly hard for Turkish people to buy the game. By comparing the price of the game with the average income for a family it is hard to afford. So people expect something special to buy the game.

. By comparing the price of the game with the average income for a family it is hard to afford.

There you have it, an real argument AGAINST translating the game. Like putting Turkish in the game will change the price, or the willingness to pay money for the game.

Miles already explained why it's unlikely in the FM2011 announcement thread.

Neil if you tell your Turkish boards to explain multiplayer features of this game to more people and add Turkish language to the game,your sales will be doubled.

ps:i am a loyal fan from cm 01-02 series who keep buying the original copy of the game since fm 06.

Neil if you tell your Turkish boards to explain multiplayer features of this game to more people and add Turkish language to the game,your sales will be doubled.

ps:i am a loyal fan from cm 01-02 series who keep buying the original copy of the game since fm 06.

You seriously can't guarantee that sales will increase that much, its impossible.

You seriously can't guarantee that sales will increase that much, its impossible.

hey i know it may look like a prediction from there but trust me IceMan many Turkish fans can see the potential from offical/unoffical forums in Turkey.SI can ask their own boards in Turkey,they will tell to SI what i said.

so what i said is not impossible.besides i dont want it for myself,i have learned English at elementary school but many fans dont have an opportunity like that.

Can't be guaranteed without knowing actual figures! Some actual figures: The piracy rate in Turkey is 65% (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_sof_pir_rat-crime-software-piracy-rate), and the usage of Turkish is not as widespread throughout the world as, say, Spanish or English - it's largely local to Turkey.

Wow so much btching in here from the Turks, I've played CM 99/00 to FM10 and I'm Icelandic, when I was 9 years old (when i got CM 99 / 00) I had no idea how to speak English or read it, when I was 12 I could read it pretty well but my grammar was awful. When I was 15 my grammar and English vocabulary had increased greatly. Now im 19 and I speak English and spell it without any problems.

My point is, learn the damn language and stop being lazy. Dont understand a word in the game? Use Google Translate (something that wasnt even accessible when I was a kid, i had to ask my mom for help with some words)

If I saw Icelandic people crying like this for an Icelandic translation I would be embarrassed.

Wow so much btching in here from the Turks, I've played CM 99/00 to FM10 and I'm Icelandic, when I was 9 years old (when i got CM 99 / 00) I had no idea how to speak English or read it, when I was 12 I could read it pretty well but my grammar was awful. When I was 15 my grammar and English vocabulary had increased greatly. Now im 19 and I speak English and spell it without any problems.

My point is, learn the damn language and stop being lazy. Dont understand a word in the game? Use Google Translate (something that wasnt even accessible when I was a kid, i had to ask my mom for help with some words)

If I saw Icelandic people crying like this for an Icelandic translation I would be embarrassed.

SI has plans to add Turkish language to the game. That is why it is so much argued.

English is spoken by most of Turkish but since the average age of players is low, their knowledge is not enough to understand the game completely. That is not about being lazy. And comparing with Iceland is just funny, Turkey's population is about 250 times higher than Iceland's. The players of Football Manager is a lot higher than your total population :)

SI has plans to add Turkish language to the game. That is why it is so much argued.

Not until the piracy goes down. If Turkish people stop pirating the game, they get their translation, simple. Until then, SI keep making money selling a quality game. Oh and I bet more Icelandic people buy the game legally than Turkish people.

Not until the piracy goes down. If Turkish people stop pirating the game, they get their translation, simple. Until then, SI keep making money selling a quality game. Oh and I bet more Icelandic people buy the game legally than Turkish people.

so we go back where we start... I want to reach a better point but I see it is pointless to argue with you guys.

If people don't buy what is already an excellent game for what it is, adding a language is unlikely to change anything. Why do you think any extra people would buy the game just because it contains Turkish, There's no proof of that, while there is proof of massive amounts of piracy in Turkey.

If people don't buy what is already an excellent game for what it is, adding a language is unlikely to change anything. Why do you think any extra people would buy the game just because it contains Turkish, There's no proof of that, while there is proof of massive amounts of piracy in Turkey.

Championship Manager added Turkish to the game and even the game was not good enough the sales were very high. It is a big proof for that. And I assure you there are thousands that will buy Football Manager if it contains Turkish, they are saying that. Even half of them buy the game, the sales will be high enough.

Championship Manager added Turkish to the game and even the game was not good enough the sales were very high. It is a big proof for that. And I assure you there are thousands that will buy Football Manager if it contains Turkish, they are saying that. Even half of them buy the game, the sales will be high enough.

Going by that 65% statistic, only 35% will be buying it (and recreational software tends to be more heavily pirated). How can you draw this conclusion, anyway, without sales figures?

Great effort Tyler. :thup:

I wouldn't mind if FM10 had German as a language, would force me to learn it as I played.. wouldn't be too bad, that's for sure.

Some have confused me with a native speaker.

Sure they have ...

i cant see it costing anything but time, just imagine changing every thing in the editor like news items competition names to turkish

Translators don't need to be paid then? And their work doesn't need to be checked? Or did you want amateurs to do it.

Imagine a company letting their translations getting done by amateurs, so ... unprofessional.

Sure they have ...

Translators don't need to be paid then? And their work doesn't need to be checked? Or did you want amateurs to do it.

Imagine a company letting their translations getting done by amateurs, so ... unprofessional.

a lot of work on FM is done by what you would call amatures my friend

Sure they have ...

I think what he's trying to say is that it could be handled in a way similar to data research. SI doesn't pay the researchers, does that make them unprofessional?

i cant see it costing anything but time, just imagine changing every thing in the editor like news items competition names to turkish

It costs money to integrate the Turkish language into the game (needs to be added as an option). It costs money because it adds to the file size of the game - while a set of words might not be a big deal, when you sell thousands of copies this all adds up to a certain cost. It costs money to maintain it by storing the translation somewhere and keeping backups. It implicitly costs money because someone has to monitor the Turkish translation thread meaning some "general" paid staff spend less time on other translations. Turkish may have its own linguistic quirks requiring some additional string programming (i.e. in some languages the structure of some clauses changes dramatically in some circumstances, meaning a search-and-replace algorithm as how is done now with placeholders is inappropriate). This also costs money. Also, someone has to actually enter these words into the string database - this costs money too!

I could go on and on...

You really underestimate Turkish. First Championship Manager has added, now Pro Evolution Soccer will have Turkish language. Does they have huge amount of sales? I am sure not. But they know the potential of the Turkish market and how to attract customers from this market. Championship Manager got its return, Pro Evolution Soccer will get also. SIgames shouldn't be afraid so much.

You really underestimate Turkish. First Championship Manager has added, now Pro Evolution Soccer will have Turkish language. Does they have huge amount of sales? I am sure not. But they know the potential of the Turkish market and how to attract customers from this market. Championship Manager got its return, Pro Evolution Soccer will get also. SIgames shouldn't be afraid so much.

BGS went bankrupt! Championship Manager's returns weren't enough (although I wouldn't blame the Turkish expansion)...

EA and Konami are several times larger than SI and can therefore make different business decisions. Investing in a new oven is a major decision for a small restaurant but not the entire McDonalds franchise as a whole.

Archived