Re-Installing Football Manager 10, without CD-Key?

Hey guys,

I searched around the forums and google and couldn't find an answer for this.

I want to format my system, however I don't have the FM10 case with me (it's in a different country :p)

So I don't have my CD-key right now.

I do have Steam on though, and FM10 is registered on my account.

I used the Steam backup feature and copied it onto an external hard drive.

Can I format my system, install Steam, use the backup feature to re-install FM and then play it without needing my CD-key?

Thanks for the help!

If you installed it via Steam, you can look up your cd key via Steam.

Thanks for the reply.

How can I do that? I read one place that said right click on the game and click something like View CD-Key but there's no such option on mine...

It's installed and activated on Steam btw

If you have already activated the game through Steam you shouldn't need the CD-Key to reinstall, when you reinstall Steam the game will already be linked to your account once you have logged into the account you registered the game with, you should then be able to either re-download the game from Steam or restore it from the Steam Backup you made.

If you have already activated the game through Steam you shouldn't need the CD-Key to reinstall, when you reinstall Steam the game will already be linked to your account once you have logged into the account you registered the game with, you should then be able to either re-download the game from Steam or restore it from the Steam Backup you made.

Great, thanks for the help!

Archived