leave fm 07 and start fm 08?

Well a lot of places are selling FM2008 cheapish so i would try FM2008.

Even though it seems like an enhancement (and I would argue it is only an enhancement) over fm2007 there is lots of new things in the game (not all appreciated by fm gamers) but worth a go.

You will still get as frustrated and anguished but he that's fm for ya... icon_wink.gif

A week ago I would have said "Go for 2008, and wait for the big patch that's right around the corner".

But now that that patch is out, I'm gonna say "Screw 2008 altogether, and stick with 2007". SI is clearly going in circles with 2008. icon13.gif

The best thing, though, is to try the demo and see what you think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

Nope dont waste your money on 2008. The new patch is a joke.

Prehaps Si should sack their team and get a whole new team together who can actually create a game that is a game that is playable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quit over-reacting. The game is playable. In fact, I'm playing it RIGHT NOW!! OMG!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In fact, I'm playing it RIGHT NOW!! OMG!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously didn't start unemployed.

Otherwise, you wouldn't be playing the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

When I got FM08 I did start unemployed. I didn't see a problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So did I. And I didn't see a problem either.

...Then I patched to 8.0.2.

8.0.2 Feedback Thread:

"Anyone else start unemployed with auto experience in 8.0.2? If so, how well did you do in getting hired?

Because I'm finding it nearly impossible compared to 8.0.1. I remember being able to get a low Blue Sq. North or Blue Sq. South job within about a year or two... but now, I'm being rejected by everyone as if I'm trying to get into the Premier League.

I'm beginning to feel that I'll have to go to Antarctica League 10 just to enter the game with realistic manager settings. icon_frown.gif "

Also:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/1712004183

Conclusion: The game is literally unplayable for anyone who wants to start realistic careers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playboy77:

hi not sure if to leave my fm 07 game or not and start a fm 08 game is fm 08 any better??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short answer is move to FM08.

The long answer will take me 3 hours to write.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

After loading only the Prem and using auto experience I got job offers from Bolton and Derby within 6 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great.

But unfortunately, your ability to get hired in six months doesn't change the fact that I'm being rejected by anyone and everyone. icon13.gif

Start 08 - it still has some problems (not least board confidence) but in general it is much improved from 8.0.1 and is now actually fun to play.

You can start unemployed - i got a job with tranmere as soon as it became available, and had already been offered a job at wolves - guess stinson has just been unlucky.

Playboy77, why do you keep starting topics asking whether you should change editions? Make your own mind up! I wouldn't usually care this much but I noticed that you have already posted on someone else's topic about FM08 being "pants". If you have already got an opinion, stop begging for everyone elses!

Rant over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">.....and why do people think its so hard gettin a job when ur unemployed..?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Facts don't have an opinion:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...002037183#5002037183

Archived