Has anyone ever done this....

Hi,

Has anyone got the top and became bored so decided to pick a crap team in the Blue Square Premiership (for example) and continually buy one of their crap players from them for like ten million or something.. just to see what they did with the money..

I did it on a different management game and quit my job and took them over... Was funny.

Not quite the same but although I'm usually really tight with money (I will fight over every last pound for transfers and contracts!), if I sign a player from Notts County, I'll bid more than necessary to help them out a bit! Once signed a 250k player for £3m from them (with 15% sell on fee)..

What I like to do in this kind of situation is to buy lots of good youngsters and send all or most of them to one affiliate. Did this in my current save with Ajax and managed to get AA Gent to win the Belgian league with the help of 7 of my youngster in their starting 11. They deserved it anyway after i poached away 2 of their top youngsters in the previous seasons.

Not quite the same but although I'm usually really tight with money (I will fight over every last pound for transfers and contracts!), if I sign a player from Notts County, I'll bid more than necessary to help them out a bit! Once signed a 250k player for £3m from them (with 15% sell on fee)..

Oh yeah, poor Notts County really need it...

Oh yeah, poor Notts County really need it...

They arent actually well off. They never were. The money was never there. The club had reasonable debts before Munto took over and then by the time everything came to light the media were saying they were in about £6 milion of debt which the new chairman has sorted and paid some of.

They arent actually well off. They never were. The money was never there. The club had reasonable debts before Munto took over and then by the time everything came to light the media were saying they were in about £6 milion of debt which the new chairman has sorted and paid some of.

I know, but as far as I'm aware that isn't reflected in any FM10 patch.

Got QPR to the premiership then left for aston villa which i regretted so i spent about 50million which i had left over (from the money Martin O'Neil got from winning a few things) on a few QPR reserves to help them stay up :D they've been there ever since. Ended up leaving Villa after 2 years :(

I am glad people are thinking the same way.

I am in no position to do it at this stage (in Championship) but when I am in the Premiership with loans of cash I might help some team out. My feeder are Grays so I think they will be lucky in years to come.

Has anyone done it long term and see the team rise through the leagues?

Hmm good idea. I currently have a top notch Real Madrid side and only spend half the cash on signings and I'm £1m a week under wage budget.

The problem now is choosing a club to benefit. The ones I like in real life are all non league and so I doubt any of their players are available.

I'm from Faroe Islands and when I'm managing teams like Real Madrid and tend to sign 1-2 players each year from Havnar Bóltfelag (HB) for 3-5 mill. euro each! - Sadly HB never spend the money on anything.. in a particular game I must have given them 100 million euros over many many years.. and after all those years.. 15-20 something.. they had signed 2! players.. and both on free..! - and they didnt even upgrade any facilities.. :(

MAJOR flaw in the game IMO!

Archived