Really Love this game but...

I have no idea about football tatics. Im from the US and have no knowledge about football tatics. If i run the team I will loose everytime. I was wondering if I can play FM10 while not handling any tatics and letting my ass man do it? I just want to hire staff, develope prospects, and basically overseeing things without actaully play the games. I basically want my staff to do all the work while i take all the credit for it. Is this possible?

Also, was wondering what team should i start with if im learning the game?

oh, and whatever team I get, how do i build a team to make them better? Should i listen to my ass man in the evaluation of the team and go after the players he reccommends, or should i try to go after players myself? I have no idea how to build a team to make them better...PLEASE HELP!!! I dont wanna play Fifa 10 because its not as deep as this game. PLEASE HELP

Hey salesman 09, and no you can't let your staff take over competitive games, but you can do this with friendly games by going through the team settings tab which is on the team name tab. Here tick the let the ass man take control of friendly matches.

The Ass man can be reallly good in helping you improve the squad but remember he is faliable, he can make mistakes.

In terms of teams it would probably be best to start as a good team in a relatively weak league and build from there. I would reccommend Celtic in scotland as apart from rangers it shouldn't be too hard plus u still get to play the best teams in the champions League.

As a fellow American who knew nothing about the tactical side of the game or anything about footie until a few years ago, which corresponded with picking up FM 08, I can honestly say just watch a ton of football. Any league, any team, it really doesn't matter. With enough patience and viewing you will start to pick it up. For your first game, I went with a huge club with good players, I suggest the same. With someone like Man U even crap tactics won't make you crash and burn. Best of luck and keep us abreast of your progress!

As a fellow American who knew nothing about the tactical side of the game or anything about footie until a few years ago, which corresponded with picking up FM 08, I can honestly say just watch a ton of football. Any league, any team, it really doesn't matter. With enough patience and viewing you will start to pick it up. For your first game, I went with a huge club with good players, I suggest the same. With someone like Man U even crap tactics won't make you crash and burn. Best of luck and keep us abreast of your progress!

yes, watch real football. and you'll learn tactics. i think that is the best thing that you can do. start with champions league tomorrow and wednesday.

As suggested go for a big club

Barcelona (Spain), Real Madrid (Spain)

Inter (Italy),A.C. Milan (Italy), Juventus (Italy)

Chelsea (England), Manchester Untied (England), Liverpool (England)

Celtic (Scotland), Rangers (Scotland)

etc.

But keep in mind that although these clubs have the best players in their respective leagues, they live on success, so if you don't deliver than you will be sacked!

As for the tactics try to read about them here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/159310-Tactical-Theorems-10-Released! ----> I know it's a looooong read and maybe complicated for a beginner but worth a look if you familiarize yourself with the game.

(I don't know if it's allowed, please mods delete the following link if it's against the house rules)

http://www.zonalmarking.net/ ------>this is a good site for analyzing tactics of recent top football (soccer) games

You can look at the AI managers tactics in game. Take a look at the successful ones, e.g. Sir Alex Ferguson's Man Utd. Go onto his team page then press tactics to see how he lays out his squad, I suggest you take a glance at the big teams tactics if you really are a fish out of water on this.

If you manage a weaker side I suggest looking at the tactics of Wolves and Fulham, hope this helps. :)

Archived