Ever made a huge mistake?

Hi guys..

Just some general buying/selling mistakes chat, lol.

Ever made a big mistake it ruined your season?

I am in my second season with Birmingham, made 11th last season, bought in Shelvery, Welback, Gary Cahill, C Wood, Schneiderlin and a few others off my 20m transfer budget in the first season, all was well.

End of season I let quite a few poorer players go as well.

So I just strengthened my midfield, got a 1 good defender in and I thought all was good, transfer budget gone.

BUT!!!

I forgot I have no keeper, missing a Left Back, and OMG!

Now I got no one in those positions, losing badly at the moment too.

How would it be possible to get out of this position?

I made a mistake once signing the wrong Beto.

Was 7th season in and there were 2 regens, same position, same club, same name. One was absolutely terrible the other was godlike. I did a bit of enquiring and some testing bids and found the godlike one could be bought for £18m. Thought it was on the pricey side so went looking for alternatives. Only to come back and bid £18m on the rubbish one by mistake went all the way through with the transfer and saved the game only to find out I'd signed the crap one and wasted £18m.

DUH ME MORON!

I made a mistake once signing the wrong Beto.

Was 7th season in and there were 2 regens, same position, same club, same name. One was absolutely terrible the other was godlike. I did a bit of enquiring and some testing bids and found the godlike one could be bought for £18m. Thought it was on the pricey side so went looking for alternatives. Only to come back and bid £18m on the rubbish one by mistake went all the way through with the transfer and saved the game only to find out I'd signed the crap one and wasted £18m.

DUH ME MORON!

Hilarious. That has happened irl as well though so you are not alone ;)

I remember a few years back SI changed the position of confirm and cancel transfer buttons. All summer long I negotiated with Chelsea to get Gallas to Barcelona and because I had played the previous version so much I was in auto pilot and clicked cancel, thinking it was confirm, gutted.

They eventually let me have him, but it cost an extra £5 million.

Signing defenders on the basis of height and speed so that they could catch up with the attack and they could get rid of the crossed balls, this was when I started out on FM games, I wasn't looking at the important stats like Marking, Heading, Tackling, Positioning and Jumping. Doh!

I spent nearly all of my transfer budget on a young Brazilian player who would have been amazing for me in my first season in the Premier League. Transfer went through and then I find out I wont get him for a year due to him not being 18. No more money left for players. Safe to say I was relegated.

First time i played FM when i was about 14 or so, well it was still CM then, years ago anyway. Played with Inter and had lots of money a few seasons into the game, so i spent 150 million to buy Figo from Real Madrid, dumbest thing i ever did. He wasn't that bad, but i don't know what i was thinking spending so much on one player.

I remember a few years back SI changed the position of confirm and cancel transfer buttons. All summer long I negotiated with Chelsea to get Gallas to Barcelona and because I had played the previous version so much I was in auto pilot and clicked cancel, thinking it was confirm, gutted.

They eventually let me have him, but it cost an extra £5 million.

I did a very similar thing with Gilardino, also cost me more money

Well i was Nottm Forest on my game and i had this youngster called Niall O'Halloran (Regen) and i thought he's 15 but doesnt look too good.

So i sold him..... BIG MISTAKE!

3 Years later i played Liverpool away, and there he was, both footed Finishing 20, and a value of £29,500,000, described as the next Michael Owen.

Pinch me.

This is from an old thread of mine, but probably my biggest mistake:

"Here is a lesson waiting to be learnt, do not play FM when you are sleepy.

I have just spent several baffled minutes, trying to work out why when I bid for Moussa Sissoko, my scout would then turn up giving me match reports that he was not being bid on. So I would bid for him again.

Then I go through several baffling rounds of negotiations, where the price keeps going up and down. Finally, very baffled I get his club to accept 15 Million Pounds over 4 years, but then I get another round of negotiations, where it seems I have offered less for him, so I again offer £15 million.

It gets more confusing when I offer him a contract which he accepts, only for him to turn up a few days later wanting more money.

'Okay' I think, 'I must be loosing my mind' (but mentally I am screaming 'BUG!')

So I go and do the sensible thing and look on my transfers screen, sure enough there is Moussa Sissoko joining me in the January transfer window, but wait, who the heck is that.......

Several spaces below him is Mohamed Sissoko, who is considering a contract offer from me.

Oh bugger, seems I have brought both Sissoko, they are different ages, nationalities and from different clubs, but that didn't stop my sleep addled brain from seeing the errors of my ways.

The good news is that they both look awesome, the bad news is I only really wanted one of them and in all the confusion I can't for the life of me remember which one it was."

Just made a big one. Managing England in the Euro Finals and was going to use my 4-3-3 I use with West Ham so filled my squad with central midfielders and strikers dropping the likes of Walcott and Lennon. Lost 1-0 in the opening game to Serbia so tinkered and ended up back with a 4-5-1 I won the World Cup with 2 years earlier. Qualified from thr Group but with only Gerrard, Young and Joe Cole as wide men the legs finally went and I lost on penalties in the quarters v Spain after being 2-0 up. What an idiot and I think Capello needs shooting!!!

Archived