Players retirement in Ipod verison

Is it realistic for a goalkeepr who is playing regular football in the game to decide to retire at the age of 33, or for a defender of 32 to do the same. This is the only think that the game is lacking for me ; the fact that i cant ask a player to re-consider his retirement. I do hope that this ill be put into the game when stikiers seem to get to 30 that year they will reitre and i think its really disapointing as i had one stiker who scored 20 + goals and the team had just got premoted and he was 31 and he retired at the end of the season I just dont see that happening, I hope the age players reitre ill also be considered to be chnaged in the game as well, apart from this I feel the game is excellent its just this niggle that can destory a good game for me.

I do also think that adding the BSN and BSS would also be nice but I doubt that very much, hope you will take the time to think about this and hopefully do something about players reriting earlier than expected and to add the option to get them to reconsdier thanks.

Symesy

• SI Staff
Is it realistic for a goalkeepr who is playing regular football in the game to decide to retire at the age of 33, or for a defender of 32 to do the same.

It depends entirely on the player themselves tbh, some players will want to play on as long as possible - some don't want to play 'past their peak' and would prefer to step aside gracefully before they're dropped out of their squads.

Reconsidering retirement is a good 'call' though - consider it stacked on my "To Do" list ...

Okaay thanks thats really good news for me and will make me enjoy the game even more :)

Just a note though; the goal keeper was Paddy Kenny and he had played every game in the seasons before in the game and every game in that season, it just seemed a little starnge at 33 he would want to pack it in? Would it possibly be that he didnt think he would be 1st choice next season so thought it best to pack it in then.

Would it be possible for the BSN and BSS to be added or would it be too late now and just to much work or memory restrictions?

Thanks for the reply :)

• SI Staff
Okaay thanks thats really good news for me and will make me enjoy the game even more :)

Just a note though; the goal keeper was Paddy Kenny and he had played every game in the seasons before in the game and every game in that season, it just seemed a little starnge at 33 he would want to pack it in? Would it possibly be that he didnt think he would be 1st choice next season so thought it best to pack it in then.

Thats pretty much what I'd expect would be the case with him - I'd have to check his personality profile somewhat but I expect he's a fairly driven player and as such if he thinks he's 'losing his edge' he might decide to pack it in at the top rather than risk losing his place and the supporters respect by playing on past his prime.

I am going to try and make personalities a little more 'visible' in future games, at the moment you can ascertain them if you keep an eye on player profiles and subtle wording differences in news items etc. - but its a bit more difficult than it should be tbh.

Would it be possible for the BSN and BSS to be added or would it be too late now and just to much work or memory restrictions?

Its too late to add in the BSN and BSS I'm afraid (and to be frank its doubtful the PSP could handle it from a memory standpoint) ...

Ah right okay and to be fair with that particular player I did get reports at the end of the season that his morale could be affecting other players, well thank you for clearing up this point. I shall look forward to having the option for the player to reconsider retirement in the next verison of the game.

And about the the other point, yes I see what you mean well not to worry the above was my main concern so thanks!

• SI Staff
Ah right okay and to be fair with that particular player I did get reports at the end of the season that his morale could be affecting other players, well thank you for clearing up this point. I shall look forward to having the option for the player to reconsider retirement in the next verison of the game.

Please bear in mind its unlikely to make it into the initial release of FMHi 2011 (although it might depending on progress - but I don't want to promise anything just in case as I've already laid quite a full plate for this version as you'll see in due course ;) ) .... however if it doesn't I'll try and tuck it into an update to that version quietly at some point ;)

Archived