Shocking Result

clear cut chances for charlton is 1 after 29 shots and long shots 22

Bl00dy annoying as hell as they did that for about 5 games straight, just had dozens of shots and kept shooting from miles out. I've changed it now though, set the strikers to long shots from normal to rarely and just beat the Leeds scum at Bellend road!

This is just a tactical error on your part. Try to set players to shoot rarely, have your full backs overlapping and try to have more width. You might also wanna try to adjust the attacking mentality and creative freedom. Obviously the higher settings for cr. freedom and att. mentality the more shots they'll try.

Not as shocking as this http://img405.imageshack.us/f/acmilana.jpg/. Each time my Milan scored, Torino came back within at most seven minutes. I was 2-1 up, when Torino equalised straight from the restart. This is despite my attempts to impose preventive measures. Unbelievable!

That is quite annoying.....especially when the score before you get a chance to impose preventive measures....

At the same time though you have the same problem as the OP; too many long shots.

Despite any tactical errors you might have made...I am quite sure your team has a few decent long shot players, an opponent who gives up 22 long shots should suffer from it, at least a rebound or deflection or something...so yeah, you were robbed!

Unlucky. I wouldn't say it's your tactics right off the bat as sometimes it just happens that players fail to perform or because of morale/decisions/confidence/PPMs they keep on trying from distance in a way that a tactic had never done before. It can happen to the AI too (maybe not as often if you are a conspiracy theorist ;)). This result helped knock City out of their stride, played a part in me getting some breathing space at the top and eventually winning the title.

mac08.jpg

Recently, I came across a shocking match

Charlton Athletic (L1) getting defeated AT HOME in a cup against Marine (BLUE SQUARE NORTH) in AN EVEN MATCH, with Marine having TWO PLAYERS INJURED

I saw something similar in my game, but it was Hull and Newport County. Very even game indeed, terrible ratings for both teams and a lucky goal from some penalty-area pinball won it for Newport.

I was dortmund and to win the league i had to win my last game against HSV, HSV dominated me but my goalkeeper but on a masterclass and saved everything, his rating at the end was 10.0, he was unbelievable. Lucky enough i managed to score a corner :D

Archived