A New Machine Fot The Greatest Game on Earth!

I am looking to go all out and do football manager 2011 justice by buying a new computer to play it on but i want to know what specifications i will need.

I want a really powerful machine to run the game perfectly and to be able to load all leagues if possible! I had problems with the 3D match in particular on the last game, i just want to experience the game at its best, as screenshots of the new match engine look awesome!! And to load all leagues would be immense aswel! The sheer amount of time the game takes to process after clicking the continue button drives me crazy at times!!

So what minimum specifications would my laptop/desktop need to have? And can anybody point me in the right direction of a beast of a machine that will allow me to enter the world of football manager once again, and give me something to look forward to at the end of the working day!

I also play a few other pc games and also tend to work from home on my personal computer so memory is a priority!

Thanks in Advance :thup:

ROLL ON THE RELEASE OF FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 !!!!!!

I am looking to go all out and do football manager 2011 justice by buying a new computer to play it on but i want to know what specifications i will need.

I want a really powerful machine to run the game perfectly and to be able to load all leagues if possible! I had problems with the 3D match in particular on the last game, i just want to experience the game at its best, as screenshots of the new match engine look awesome!! And to load all leagues would be immense aswel! The sheer amount of time the game takes to process after clicking the continue button drives me crazy at times!!

So what minimum specifications would my laptop/desktop need to have? And can anybody point me in the right direction of a beast of a machine that will allow me to enter the world of football manager once again, and give me something to look forward to at the end of the working day!

I also play a few other pc games and also tend to work from home on my personal computer so memory is a priority!

Thanks in Advance :thup:

ROLL ON THE RELEASE OF FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 !!!!!!

FM11 will be a bit more demanding then FM10 IMO. So, check this thread > http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/146264-The-Official-System-Specs-Thread

FM11 will be a bit more demanding then FM10 IMO. So, check this thread > http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/146264-The-Official-System-Specs-Thread

It shouldn't be all that more demanding, as FM caters for a large customer base which only play FM and don't know much about computers (as evidenced by the many threads at patch day asking help for working patches). So if you are looking for a new computer, I would suggest going for twice the RAM and CPU speed and a higher graphics card than the minimum requirements for FM 2010 (which aren't that hot as is). Remember that FM2011 will have incremental improvements in most areas, and the major differences seem to be shaping up as fairly minor with regards to demands on your computer.

Don't buy Alienware! Buy the components seperately and build it yourself, it's cheaper...

Alienware ain't as good as you are lead to believe, I have one and had nothing but problems with it the 2 years I have had it... but then again what do you expect from a company owned by Dell?

I've never owned an Alienware so can't comment on them.

But seeing as we almost always go for value for money when buying premium electricals; i can personally recommend the ASUS G73 laptop (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/laptops/2010/06/02/asus-g73-gaming-laptop/1)

Compare the price shown on this review with the actual price you'll pay on Ebay (i'd advise buying from a power seller or from a US website such as xoticpc, bestbuy or GenTech), taking into account the current exchange rate and you'll save yourself roughly 600 quid on a quality bit of kit.

The warranty is global and lasts for 2 years and you are not likely to pay much import tax as your seller will list it as a gift or used item.

I realise this might sound a bit like i work for ASUS, i don't, so apologies for that...but i thought it worth sharing.

Bought mine for 1200 quid and am loving it. :)

Archived