Pre Season Training

I have my training schedules set up (FM2007) and im happy with them, but im a little lost with regards to pre season training. I dont have anything set up for pre season, Is it best to have a designated pre season training schedule in place?

Cheers

John

Yeah, you'll need some form of pre-season training to encourage your squad back to fitness in time for the new season. This is acheived by creating more intensive training schedules, and combining this intensive training with friendly matches allows your players to gain fitness before the start of the season. There are a few things to consider:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Training intensity - how far do you want to push your players?

<LI>Risk of injuries - the higher the intensity, the greater the risk of pre-season injuries.

<LI>Number / type of schedules - do you want to keep things simple, or split off various players into different training schedules?

<LI>Squad playing status - are your players under full-time, part-time or a mixture of contracts?

<LI>Pre-season duration - what is the optimum amount of time players should undertake pre-season for?

<LI>Number / type of friendly matches - what is the optimum number of friendly matches your squad should play? Are they suited to several friendlies over a short space of time? (EG a tour / league / cup).

<LI>Coaches and of pre-season - which coaches (if not all) should take control of pre-season duties? EG Fitness coaches, first team coaches, assistant manager(s), youth team coaches and so on

Once you've considered these points, you then actually need to build the training schedule. Here are the training schedules I use, and notice how they're split between Goalkeepers (GK) and Outfield (OF) players:

GK Pre-Season (Full-Time)

gkps1dx3.jpg

OF Pre-Season (Full-Time)

ofps1xk4.jpg

GK Pre-Season (Part-Time)

ptgkps1fh4.jpg

OF Pre-Season (Part-Time)

ptofps1ax7.jpg

GK Pre-Season (Youth)

ythgkps1od7.jpg

OF Pre-Season (Youth)

ythofps1gb6.jpg

Hope this gives you a few ideas icon14.gif

Hi seasoned alcoholic,

Those schedules are great, really appreciate them, your nothing short of a legend.

They have given me plenty of ideas now thanks!

Cheers

John icon14.gif

seasoned alcoholic- or can I call you sa for short?

I used your pre-season schedules pre patch and found them fine, but forgot this game with the new patch and have not noticed any difference-the players went back to their position schedules. Should I be worrying about later problems or is there evidence that the heavy workload shedules will have a positive impact ?

SA is fine icon14.gif

Pre-Season is a mixed bag tbh, it depends on which of your players are playing on a regular basis, how many games they participate in, and for what duration they play during matches (the more minutes the better).

You should expect to see your player's stats improve to at least what they were before they went away on holiday, if not better, but it does depend on the intensity you train players at, coaching abilities, players' susceptibility to injury and so on.

I like to give as many of my players as possible at least part of a game during pre-season, which helps to build up their match fitness. Obviously players that are match fit come the end of pre-season stand a better chance of stat improvement through competitive football, although this is not always the case as players may benefit from stat improvements by playing regularly in the reserves for example.

Heavy / intensive workloads do increase the possibility of injuries to players, but then your players may have similar chances of getting injured during pre-season matches. The sooner your first team regulars are match fit the better, but remember not to continue pre-sason for an over-extended time period, otherwise you may have an injury crisis on your hands, or alternatively your players may be tired at the start of the season and poor results may be the outcome.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived