What is FM?

Question: What do you guys see FM as?

1) A game

2) A realistic simulation of modern football management

I strongly believe in (1), and for the most part it should still be fun and relatively easy to play, without all the complications of real life management issues. If it's (2) then we should just eliminate human players and let the thing run itself.

(Go ahead. Flame away)

Question: What do you guys see FM as?

1) A game

2) A realistic simulation of modern football management

I strongly believe in (1), and for the most part it should still be fun and relatively easy to play, without all the complications of real life management issues. If it's (2) then we should just eliminate human players and let the thing run itself.

(Go ahead. Flame away)

are you finding the game to hard , you sound like you are struggling, i think you are been very silly and making yourself out to be a bit thick,

are you finding the game to hard , you sound like you are struggling, i think you are been very silly and making yourself out to be a bit thick,

Different strokes for different folks. I'm just one who don't really like spending hours on end fiddling with training and tactics just to get a decent winning run going.

Before you call people names, take a good look at elsewhere on this forums. Similar or worst behaviour abound with regards to lots of other elements of the game.

Just my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm just one who don't really like spending hours on end fiddling with training and tactics just to get a decent winning run going.

Before you call people names, take a good look at elsewhere on this forums. Similar or worst behaviour abound with regards to lots of other elements of the game.

Just my opinion.

i know i know i didn't mean it my friend, its nice to see you have a calm manner, with most people they would have reported me and i would of got a red card, i have read a lot of similar threads to yours but i just think you are in a minority people would go mad if they started taking the more technical aspects out the game

That confirms it then. It IS a simulation, not a game anymore.

Maybe there should be an FM Lite. With all the complicated matters removed for the casual gamer. Then the real FM reserved for hard nuts who want 'completeness'.

i know i know i didn't mean it my friend, its nice to see you have a calm manner, with most people they would have reported me and i would of got a red card, i have read a lot of similar threads to yours but i just think you are in a minority people would go mad if they started taking the more technical aspects out the game

I've been on the Internet long enough to know how to 'behave' properly. :D

I understand most people enjoy FM as it is, but I'm just saying not everyone does. Anyway my suggestion is above.

A game designed to be a challenge, if you can't handle the difficulty the community provides tools which help make it easier, which is the only way FM could be made easier by SI. You can use programs to see all stats, to see potential and reputations, to filter players without needing any scouting knowledge. There is no way of just making the game easier than if they somehow reduce players effectiveness and lower their stats artificialy, but since the game doesn't distinguish between human and manager, your own players would be affected and the problem wouldn't be resolved.

my son his ten years old he supports celtic and he has won the league 3 times out of the last 5 seasons, i think the game is quite fine

To be fair though its pretty easy to win the SPL with either side of the Old Firm. Ask your son to try it with a team like Motherwell or Dundee United and I think he'll find it more of a challenge. Better still put Celtic and Rangers in the English Premiership and see how he gets on then. I do this sometimes and its a lot more difficult even winning a game than it is in Scotland.

As for the original question I would personally pick option 2. Yes at the end of the day it is a game and has to be fun, which I think it is, but it is trying to simulate what its like to be a manger of a professional football club.

I think the point he's making is that the game can be easy anyway, you can pick a team depending on the level of challenge you want. If you wanted a challenge on 10.3 in the premiership you'd pick Portsmouth. You know its going to be hard, you're picking them for the challenge or because they're your team. If you want an extreme challenge, you use the editor and drop AFC wimbledon into the premiership, the game doesn't have to be hard it can be much easier. This year on FM in the premiership alone there will be 3/4 kinds of challenges, you'll have the strugglers West Brom, Blackpool etc the biggest challenge. The teams expected to fight out 9th - 15th like Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland, the teams like Villa and Everton who are trying to get a top 4 spot and the top 4 themselves.

Then theres other challenges like Liverpool, if they don't get champions league football again, they will be a mess in the game after that, and other things like that.

I'd rather have it easier and/or less complex, hence my suggestions are mostly only regarding the media side or regarding the regens.

I don't want a degree in football management that I'll want a whole, down to pat simulation of football management.

It's verging on the fanatical now, the realistic cries.

FM can't and won't ever be detailed enough to be called a simulation. A complete simulation of the life of a football manager in a video game form would be too boring for anyone to touch it with a barge pole.

I also strongly disagree with the common perception that a hard to beat game = simulation. For example - I'd say FM's tactics system prior to 2010 made it much harder to understand or beat the game than the current one does, but which one would you say is closer to reality in its approach?

FM can't and won't ever be detailed enough to be called a simulation. A complete simulation of the life of a football manager in a video game form would be too boring for anyone to touch it with a barge pole.

What then do you think needs added to the game for it to be called a simulation? Why would a complete simulation of a football manager be boring?

I think it's a mix of both. Obviously they want to make the game as realistic as possible but they (SI) try to do this without the game losing its fun factor.

I don't think it's ever lost it's fun factor. Well it hasn't for me at least and I've injoyed the game immensly since cm italia days.

Archived