Finding coaches willing to join your staff - Internationals

One issue that I'm increasingly getting annoyed with. Finding staff willing to join your nation if you're managing international football.

I've managed obscure nations like Indonesia, China, and (well not that obscure :p) Canada. Every time, it's a bloody chore to just find someone decent.

Right now, I'm managing Canada. It's a fun job overall but a nightmare finding decent coaching staff. Everyone (well except that dude with 1 JPA/1 JPP) are rejecting my offers. I'm targeting Canadians, employed and unemployed, and they all say no. I can't see every decent Canadian coach reject my offer. I remember there used to be a filter (or was that filter for players only and not staff?) but regardless I can't get anyone and I don't want to sack my assistant because he's the only one on my staff and don't want to risk having nobody to help me. And of course, no one has responded to my advert since I became manager... (basically 1 year)

Please SI, just have the option to 'ask assistants to filter realistic targets (international)' when I search for coaches so it'll be a little easier for people who want to manage obscure nations like me to find some coaches/assistant managers, etc.

are you managing a club too? Post read like it was international only

Yes I'm managing club and country. It was really horrible when I was managing Indonesia. The guy was a 5 JPP/JPA and everyone was 5 stars...

And with Canada, I'm in the top 10, ahead of England and Brazil. I'm sure IRL someone with coaching talent wouldn't mind being with the national team coaching staff if they were top 10.

I was going to mention the job centre. I've found that putting out adverts is the easiest way to find international staff.

Saying that though, I've had a number of countries (some big like Russia) that just can't seem to attract any physios.

As Cameroon manager I tried getting some retired players who had bcome coaches involved in the national setup. People like Bassong and Song, despite being youth coaches for less decorated clubs kept turning down assitant manager roles, whats the national pride!

Archived