fm 2011 announcement ruins fm 2010.

No not really.

I find FM10 to be too much fun for it be "ruined" by the announcement of a future version. It's great that a new game with improved features is coming out soon, but why on Earth would that make the game I am playing now any worse?

Indeed I am a little bit annoyed at the thought of having to start all over again.

Guest markyosullivan

I think I can't go back to the old FM when the demo comes out, so this year I might play FM2010 until a couple of days before FM2011 release, then I'll download the demo. :)

I have been playing FM07 for a long time now, the graphics are poor, the gameplay isn't very good, but as I have been ruling Arsenal for 80 years I don't ever want to stop this great run.

I can see what you mean, and when FM2011 comes out I will probably play FM07 much less, but the classics are still good in my opinion.

No it never puts me off continuing with the latest game when I hear news about the next edition.The thing that I most hate is having to go back to the first year of the game.I like most have a really good saved game going and would really like to carry it on. I'm obviously no game expert but with the way gaming has evolved, i'm surprised nobody has worked out a way to import your saved games into the new FM.

in years past i just havnt been able to play the old fm when the new one is announced however this time i am still playing it as fm 2010 is a really great game. i lose a lot of enjoyment of it though..

its strange as it means i usually only play fm in its completed form (after 3 patches) for a few months before the new one comes out and thats all i can think about.

I have been playing FM09 and didn't even buy FM2010 because had a good game going with 09, and couldn't be bothered starting a new one. Even got attached to regens with specific faces that didn't want to lose starting a new game. I will likely get FM2011, and if I get a good game going in that probably won't buy another FM until 2013. I think it takes more than one year to properly go through a really good long playthrough in one FM, with the time that I have to devote to it anyway.

I've certainly found in previous year's that the annoucement has put me off the current game for a bit, but it hasn't this time. It's probably to do with the standard of the 'outgoing' game. I think this one has been good, some of the bug ridden examples of previous years, less so.

Archived