Something to bring back?

I was looking at some screenshots of CM97/98 and found something that could be useful for scouting "next opposistion" or tied in to press con or have some new player interactions.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sLN-4LHcbvM/S9u9IFeFxrI/AAAAAAAAEmI/W3bFf5-1vuc/image_thumb%5B7%5D.png?imgmax=800

Notice the * players and are highlighted in white

I belive they could bring this back as it would help in llm or say Brazil or India games.

What do youthink or have you any ideas for tieing into current features.

Something that I thought about a while ago so I think its a good idea.

We already have three star players listed for International sides so its a natural progression to make the same list for club teams (On the info screen under captain & vice captain). Do we then need them highlighted on the squad page? I'm not sure, depends how its done.

I know it's not exactly on-topic but I'm quite surprised Celtic were ever in the game as "Glasgow Celtic". That was the first CM/FM I ever played. It looks so primative now but it gave me hours of enjoyment as an ankle-biter. I kept Barnsley in the Premiership on that game!

Chris I would think it should have more to do with who the biggest threat to your line up. Think about it the game in a way mirrors press coverage very well. There are players in real life getting media coverage all the time and lesser known good players are largely ignored. The same happens in the game (however i have sneakey suspision that might have something to do with what we as people read in the real press) so to have something say who the good players of a team are can't really be a bad thing.

Archived