Being linked with other players...

Been annoying me for a while now..

I'm Oxford in the 2021 season, been in the Premiership for 8 years. Since the very first season in the blue square prem i've always played a narrow diamond and never used wingers (narrow formations are the way to go on FM10) yet i'm constantly being linked in the press with wide players and wingers!

Now, i know this to be the case because the game can see i have no wingers/wide players and is trying to nudge me in the direction of some but it's so tedious. In virtually every press conference i'm asked stupid questions about whether i'm interested in so and so (wingers/wide player)..I wish they would just give it a rest.

The other thing is the quality of the players i'm linked with in the media and the ones i'm suggested to scout in the backroom meetings....they're all rubbish. We are multiple premier league winners yet i'm being linked with/asked to scout complete rubbish.

I wonder if the game hasn't realised that although i'm Oxford who started off non league, i now am one of the top sides in the world and the game still sees us as a crap side so as such links us with crap players?

Rant over.

The more you scout player, the more accurate scout report will be.

As for your problem I agree with you, though IRL clubs are constantly being link with some players, it's just IRL that linking is with realistic targets.

The more you scout player, the more accurate scout report will be.

As for your problem I agree with you, though IRL clubs are constantly being link with some players, it's just IRL that linking is with realistic targets.

Yeah but my point was more that they are linking me with only wingers and i don't play with wingers.

Yeah but my point was more that they are linking me with only wingers and i don't play with wingers.

I know, that's why I said IRL clubs are linked with realistic targets, while in FM that is not often the case.

P.S. Maybe the game wants you to start using wingers and use wide play, so they could beat you. :D

Archived