Suggestion for FM11:

I've been thoroughly annoyed by the scouting system whereby the scouts would stop scouting after a few months and I'd have to go back to the screen and going through every single scout that I have to restart his assignment.

Can we maybe have on option on FM11 to determine how long exactly we want each scout to scout for? Or even better have an option to keep the scout scouting indefinitely.

I've been thoroughly annoyed by the scouting system whereby the scouts would stop scouting after a few months and I'd have to go back to the screen and going through every single scout that I have to restart his assignment.

Can we maybe have on option on FM11 to determine how long exactly we want each scout to scout for? Or even better have an option to keep the scout scouting indefinitely.

I'd love to see this.

You mean something simple then, like say ticking the roaming option ;)

If I send scout to a specific country, then I can't choose the roaming option, right? Instead he'll jsut scout there for some amount of days and then get back.

If I send scout to a specific country, then I can't choose the roaming option, right? Instead he'll jsut scout there for some amount of days and then get back.

I'm not sure as I don't use it - Is it just an option for regions then?

Personally though I have little issue with it as it is.

What I do is set up the scouts when I join a club to scout 5-6 countries each (depending on size of club of course and no of scouts) then when they report back in your inbox I review the reports adding players to my shortlist and then restart their oldest assignment. Takes next to no time.

I'm not sure as I don't use it - Is it just an option for regions then?

Personally though I have little issue with it as it is.

What I do is set up the scouts when I join a club to scout 5-6 countries each (depending on size of club of course and no of scouts) then when they report back in your inbox I review the reports adding players to my shortlist and then restart their oldest assignment. Takes next to no time.

Yeah, just for regions or World.

I do similar as you. I have one scout to scout players individualy and the rest I send where I want. The thing is they report back quickly, so I'm tired of having to restart their assignment every 2 weeks or so. So, as OP suggested it would be nice option to have them indefinitely on that assignment. And we can always go to scout screen when we want to check their reports.

Yeah, just for regions or World.

I do similar as you. I have one scout to scout players individualy and the rest I send where I want. The thing is they report back quickly, so I'm tired of having to restart their assignment every 2 weeks or so. So, as OP suggested it would be nice option to have them indefinitely on that assignment. And we can always go to scout screen when we want to check their reports.

I think they report back once a month but this doesn't mean they've finished their assignment.

Thinking about last night it took one of my scouts under a month to scout Switzerland but bigger footballing nations like England/France/Italy etc can take 3-4 months.

That said I've no issue with roaming being added to the countries as an option for those that want to use it.

I think they report back once a month but this doesn't mean they've finished their assignment.

Thinking about last night it took one of my scouts under a month to scout Switzerland but bigger footballing nations like England/France/Italy etc can take 3-4 months.

That said I've no issue with roaming being added to the countries as an option for those that want to use it.

Well, if you're scouting a single country then when they report ther are finished. And when they scout region then they report back and continue.

Roaming option for countries doesn't makes sense IMO :p, but option for them to be there indefinitely is a very good one IMO. :thup:

Cheers.

You mean something simple then, like say ticking the roaming option ;)

Yes the scout would be scouting indefinitely but that's if you want to scout a whole region like europe or south america. But if you send him to specific countries, he'll scout for a few months at most and then stop. So if you had say 15 scouts, you'd need to go to the screen and restart assignments for all 15. Sure it doesnt really take too much time but an option to have the scouts scouting indefinitely would be fantastic.

Good suggestion. Would be great to have the 'roaming' option available when scouting countries, and not only regions.

Another thing I'd like is being able to tell your players something different than what you're telling the world on press conferences. Would be nice to be able to say to your players: "Don't necessarily listen to what I say at press conferences, I'm just trying to give the media what they want so they get off our back for a while." Or something like that. Also, something that could be very crucial: playing down expectations in public, while telling your squad behind closed doors they're the best team in the world.

A bit off topic there I guess; sorry about that.

Archived