Using "shouts" to waste time

Is that possible? I notice that if you make a substitution it wastes a few minutes, so if you are 1-0 up with 3 minutes to go - make a sub and before you know it, game over.

But if you have used all your subs you can't do that. So if you use a "shout" will that waste a minute or two or is the instruction instantaneous?

Try using the "retain possession" shout. It means your players will only make safe short passes and it generally means the opponents won't get much of the ball.

I think he means the "making tactical changes" bar at the bottom of the screen actually using up seconds on the clock.

Yes ife is right, I am referring to the tactical changes bar, which moves on a few minutes after you make a substitution. Does it move on a few minutes after shouts too? If so, theoretically you can keep doing shouts until the time runs out.

At the end of a match if I want to kill the game I just set to Contain and use retain possession and pass to feet. This basically puts a wall of flesh in front of your penalty area and when you get the ball your players just pass it around not in much of a rush to do anything.

I'm not really into time wasting but I thought that the shout 'take a breather' was the one to use if you want to waste time. I'm sure I've read that somewhere but like I said I dont generally time waste so I am not 100%.

Seeming as though nearly everyone isn't reading the question properly; No, "shouting" doesn't waste any game time.

Nor does making a subsitution.

However, any tactical change (including a shout) can only be implemented at the end of a highlight. Highlights tend to be followed by boring spells, where the clock moves faster. That is why you get the effect you have perceived, not because it actually wastes time.

Now, if you do want to legitimately waste time using shouts, then as above, retain possession, take a breather, stand off opponents, drop deeper, stay on feet.

Archived