Insane wages for newgens

It is ruining the game and I hope it's fixed for next version.

Youngsters with no experience asking for weekly wages over £30 000+ is not only unrealistic but also game breaking. I imagine the newgens will be asking for more as my club grows in stature. I signed ten youngsters with a total of zero first team games all demanding for £30 000+.

They are on way more money than all of my players that finished second in the PL league last season.

It needs to be changed. Wage demands should probably be tied foremost to current ability with some consideration taken for potential ability and club reputation.

The current system is in shambles though.

Come on, the system is flawed as it is right now.

Why would they not want to sign for the Premier League runner-ups? Do they all prefer playing in their under-19 ****** club instead of coming to a club competing for the Champions League?

The case could be made with any team trying to sign good younsters. They will always ask for ridcolous wages.

some players dont want to move at a young age because they will not get game time. irl most players who move from lower league teams to prem teams dont particulary want to move because they know that they wont get alot of playing team and the only reason they move is because lower league teams need the money. so its not flawed.

Come on, the system is flawed as it is right now.

Why would they not want to sign for the Premier League runner-ups? Do they all prefer playing in their under-19 ****** club instead of coming to a club competing for the Champions League?

The case could be made with any team trying to sign good younsters. They will always ask for ridcolous wages.

Are you going to play them in the Champions League?

how about the fee agreed to sign the from their 1st clubs as 16 or 17 year olds ? I had to pay about $270million au$ for this 17 year old gun newgen. Admittingly he was a wonderkid with CA 199 and PA of 200 but still ...

a good solution would be including this in a "promises" feature I mentioned as a feature I'd like to see. A good way to lower the price adn combat this is if you "promise" the player that they will play x ammount of games/champions matches, to the point where depending on the player they will either A) Take your word for it, and have a massive morale drop if the season comes close to the end adn they see their not getting their time (to the point of requesting a transfer request if enough things go wrong) or B) include it in their contract, wherein they'll accept less on this condition, but should they not get the chance to play the promised matches, you need to fork out the what they were asking initially. This way also, you feel more like you are negotiating terms with the player rather than just salary, wham bam lickety slam. I hope something like this will come into play in teh new conversatino system with teh agens :)

a good solution would be including this in a "promises" feature I mentioned as a feature I'd like to see. A good way to lower the price adn combat this is if you "promise" the player that they will play x ammount of games/champions matches, to the point where depending on the player they will either A) Take your word for it, and have a massive morale drop if the season comes close to the end adn they see their not getting their time (to the point of requesting a transfer request if enough things go wrong) or B) include it in their contract, wherein they'll accept less on this condition, but should they not get the chance to play the promised matches, you need to fork out the what they were asking initially. This way also, you feel more like you are negotiating terms with the player rather than just salary, wham bam lickety slam. I hope something like this will come into play in teh new conversatino system with teh agens :)

I like bits of this, pretty good idea for player interaction imo.

>> I signed ten youngsters with a total of zero first team games all demanding for £30 000+.

If you signed them then they clearly weren't asking for too much. Players should ask for the maximum that the buying club is willing to pay them, and they did that.

Can't say I have noticed this as a problem, I am in 2021 and have some of the best young newgens in my squad, all on reasonable wages for the Premiership, I think the highest earner under 25 is on 17k a week.

I think it mainly happens to certain newgens, and I think their personality and your club rep have a fairly big input. For instance whats the point of a talented player leaving his club and life at 16 years old to go play in your under19s, when he could have a far greater chance getting into the first team at his current club.

I agree with IMT, I'm also in a long term save (2022) and had no real consistant problems. I had one newgen though who asked for £50,000pw aged 16, when he signed his pro contract at 17 he then only wanted £4,000. Maybe he felt he learnt his trade, in other words sometime you should just wait.

Archived