25 man squad limit?

Hi all,

I've played FM in the past, and just completed my first season with Chelsea, and for this season coming 2010/11, I've been asked to select a 25 man squad. Does this mean that I won't be able to use any players that I don't select in the Premier League? That seems ridiculous. I am always dipping into my reserves to give youngsters a run out etc, and I won't be able to select all my squad.

I just wanted someone to confirm what exactly this means, as I have never come across it before.

Thank you in advance for any help :) Much appreciated!

Correct mate. Also 8 of your 25 man squad need to be home-grown (so have 3 years at the club/nation by their 22nd birthday - there is a way of bringing it up on the squad screen but can't remember).

Edit: Bramble go away *shakes fist*

I have not come across this at all! Came as quite a surprise! So basically, any player below the age of 21 I should leave out of my squad, as I can use as many of them as I want?

correct. although make sure you do have 8 HG players in your 25 (which you dont have to fill remember)

Correct mate. Also 8 of your 25 man squad need to be home-grown (so have 3 years at the club/nation by their 22nd birthday - there is a way of bringing it up on the squad screen but can't remember).

Edit: Bramble go away *shakes fist*

I can't wait to hear the Sunderland fans say that from tomorrow :D

stupid rule.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least explain why you think its stupid.

I'm sure in RL the FA didn't just think it up overnight, they would consider the pros & cons and take advice from many sources.

Remember though only 8 need to be home grown if you fill your squad of 25, if you only have 20 over 21s registered then you only need 3 home grown as you will have 5 spaces.

As for the RL ruling, it would be a good one if implemented correctly, but HG should be exactly that and not players like Fabregas who qualifies, the fact that Arsenal ar one of the few clubs not affected speaks volumes.

Archived