I'm Hoping The Start of The Season Will Help Me Decide Who To Be In FM2011

Does a club's actual current standing and position in their league affect whether or not you'd choose to manage them on FM?

I'm hoping, that come the release date, I will have an easier time of picking who to manage. The feeling of wanting to start a game with about seven teams at once is something which really frustrates me, in fact If I was able to pick a super power I would pick FM multi-game multi-task playing over flying and invisibility.

I will be downloading the demo as soon as soon as it is out and using that to not only get used to the new features but to gauge what I could potentially do with some teams I would like to play as.

Obviously as I'm a Man Utd fan I would like to start a game with them as I usually do, I'm especially looking forward to seeing Hernandez's stats and the new Portuguese signing, 'Bebe's'. I also usually start a game with Carlisle Utd, my local team, and I think that I'm looking forward to that one even more this year due to the fact they've basically signed a whole new squad in the transfer window.

Now things start getting messy, Stoke, who I originally hated when they first came up from the Championship, have begun to build a somewhat impressive side and play some good football so I am tempted to have a go at the helm there. Birmingham's new found riches and summer signings are beginning to convince me it might be a good idea to take the reigns from Alex McLeish and manage the Midlands club. Two of the promoted teams, Newcastle and Blackpool could provide me with hours of fun trying to keep them up in the Premiership. After playing with Man City on FM2010 I have no desire to play with them again, it becomes to easy with that amount of money, however with Chelsea's squad ageing and loosing some big names this summer they could be worth a go on FM2011.

Just to throw a few more out their, Bristol City purely because of David James, Portsmouth, because they basically don't have a squad and Coventry because I think that Aidy Boothroyd has made some good signings.

I don't really look into managing foreign teams, just because my knowledge of footballing matters, like many other UK residents, is strongest when applied to teams from the UK. Obviously I sign players from abroad and have a pretty good knowledge of teams and there standings from years of FM and watching football but I leave that until I get board with the UK teams.

Finally, back to my main point. I'm curious to see if the matches, results and transfers taking place between now and the release of FM2011 will have any affect on if I want to manage a given team when FM2011 is released.

I can't play as Blackpool, the team I support, as I don't like removing Holloway as the manager :D

Last time I was able to play as them was when Grayson left to manager Leeds

Im gonna enjoy being Blackpool on the game at the start and as long as its realistic and it gives them £2m and not a lot of wages. It will be a good challenge.

Well yes, there's always at least one game I'm playing in Austria. This year - due to the possibility of adding playable lower leagues with the editor - I've done a hometown-to-Europe game, but the years before, I've always tried some other challenges (like playing with last season's relegated club or trying to repeat a club's previous year's success) that were in some way based on their real life performances.

But I'm also mostly waiting until patch 1 or 2 are out, until I start with those home-country games. Directly after release, I usually try an open ended career save where I'm beginning unemployed. Once the patch is out, I'll either continue with the game for some time or if some bugs need the start of a new game, I'll do that.

I may possibly play with Benfica, River Plate (To see if I can manage them without problems, since I'm a Boca Juniors fan), Portsmouth (As a Challenge) or something that could come up while FM11 isn't out

I am definitely going to begin with Arsenal. The main reason being that I support them, but I also feel that the squad isn't quite up to scratch at the moment, meaning I'll be able to make my mark on it without having to sell many players. :)

Archived