How many players in your squad?

Hi guys..

I have a problem, I am here to confess it..

I sign, every promising young player I find, sometimes I can have 100+ player spread through out my first, reserves and under 18's team.

Lately, I have been cutting back, selling any player that under the star rating has less than 2 1/2. So the worst player I have is 2 1/2 in the English Premier League.

Each squad I would have maybe 18-20 players, so say 60 all up. Mainly 3 stars or above, all class.

What do you guys do as far as keeping players around? How many stars on a player is ok? How many players each squad?

Basically I am asking for a all round Idea how people are managing there squad sizes, how good are the players you have, do you have a system in place?

Anything else I may of missed that should be mentioned, please do so!

Thanks.

Usually the number I hear around GD is about 25 is good with anyone else on the fringes out on loan with return clause activated and i'm no different in those thoughts either.

probably not the right bit of the forum but i'll try to help anyway

I have this trouble myself on my current Man Utd game, i basically keep any 3 star players (unless ageing to be kept to tutor etc etc) i try to have as many young 18s as possibly as my academy never brings me any stars but i try to keep my first team squad down to 25-28 players as most will be young (although i do have 5 goal keepers in my first squad :D:()

I have a policy for having two players for each position in my first team, no reserve team and some promising youngsters in the under 18 team. So, 22 is the right number for me + youth squad. Currently have 26 players in the first squad though, a little too much... ;)

I'm similar to polistus, in that I always have 2 players for every position, but I always add to that one utility player for defence, and one for midfield. I try to make sure as many of this 24 is under-18, anyone who has a PA of 3 stars or more generally gets put straight into the first team squad. I tend to loan out my reserves (which is comprised of any youngsters of 2-1/2 star potential or less) until they're ready to be moved into the first team or sold, while my U-18's only has players who have less than 2-1/2 star potential.

I absolutely love buying every talent in the game, but then you hardly get chance to give them game time.

So I tend to make a pretty solid first team, with younger/up coming talents on the bench. Totalling around 20 players in first team, and then the reserves is normally 15 or so players.

currently got 25 first team regulars, another 7 U21s good enough to start in the first team, then in the reserves there are 16 youngsters out on loan, 13 youngsters waiting to get HG or that i dont want to send out on loan, and then 28 youth players in the U18s

I like big squads with lots of young players :)

25-30 in the first team. 2 players in each position plus some versatile squad players (Guthrie, Milner, etc.), plus whichever youngsters are developing well enough to merit the odd sub or first-team appearance (Shelvey, Welbeck, etc).

I like to keep the reserves to a maximum of around 15. If somebody isn't getting games for the reserves, I see no point in paying his wages, unless they are a decent tutor (Alan Smith).

Under 18's, I keep as low as possible. Anybody who doesn't look promising gets sold or released. Once again, there is no point holding onto a player if he has no future at my club. Sometimes I will keep a young player (providing they are on low wages) and develop them slightly to get a decent sale price. I always try to get some good clauses, for example I just sold Kazenga Lualua for £500k and 50% of any future sale :)

Archived