Is anyone else scared to turn FM off when on an undefeated streak?

Last night, beginning a new season with Kettering, 10 games in still unbeaten, 2nd in the league, 3 in the morning, refused to turn it off till I lost incase my team lost momentum.

I'm always having periods where my team is brilliant, save and go to bed, put it on the next day, can't score for toffee. Now I don't turn it off till I lose out of fear of loss of form.

Is anybody like this?

Last night, beginning a new season with Kettering, 10 games in still unbeaten, 2nd in the league, 3 in the morning, refused to turn it off till I lost incase my team lost momentum.

I'm always having periods where my team is brilliant, save and go to bed, put it on the next day, can't score for toffee. Now I don't turn it off till I lose out of fear of loss of form.

Is anybody like this?

Must be of some conflict for you then as on the one hand you want to carry on winning and the other hand you want to lose so you can go to sleep!

i think it has been removed, but there was coding in other versions years back, may have been cm,. where it actually did build up form like that and you lost it when you turned off.

Again, i think it has been long since removed

I think it was CM as I remember if you started on a losing streak you could just save, reload and then you went back on a winning streak.

Also OP I sometimes get like that, I'm not frightened to turn it off I just play a bit longer than intended

i think it has been removed, but there was coding in other versions years back, may have been cm,. where it actually did build up form like that and you lost it when you turned off.

Again, i think it has been long since removed

SI always claimed there was nothing programmed in but it did seem to happen IMO.

The last couple of versions though do seem to have lost that trend thankfully.

I dont think mine is down to being on a streak. Most nights i do the same thing, I think to myself i will go to bed at one and then the next time i look at the clock it three in the morning and i am still sitting there.

I think its down to the lack of a real time clock in the bottom corner of the screen!!

A winning streak certainly increases the "just one more game" factor for me. On the other hand, so does a losing streak.

Normally a losing streak increses the "stop playing this game for a week" factor :D

Ha, I sometimes get too scared to play a game.. I will be on a good run and just abouit to come up against a good team in a few days. So I save the game an exit FM..

Then everytime I want to click on FM when I start up my laptop... I think "Arghh, I can't be arsed with FM at the moment".

:D Sometimes.. I need to man up.

There's nothing worse than going to bed when on a massive winning streak. Head filled with pride and thoughts of your promotion charge as your head hits the pillow.

Then you wake up, load the game and go on a three game losing streak - with a couple of long term injuries added for good measure!

There's nothing worse than going to bed when on a massive winning streak. Head filled with pride and thoughts of your promotion charge as your head hits the pillow.

Then you wake up, load the game and go on a three game losing streak - with a couple of long term injuries added for good measure!

I am for sure. I really seem to be getting hit with the turn it off and lose the streak syndrome lately and it's stopped me getting in to a game throughout FM2010

I start a game, go through pre-season diligently knowing THIS IS THE SAVE! I sign a couple of players, bring in a new coach, watch my friendlies, tweak the tactics and feel really good about the game. THen I go and take 25-30 points from the first 10 games. Save

Load - First game, deliberately planned to be against a weak team with me at home - lose 3-1 after being 2-0 down after a few minutes, two injuries to key players 2-3 points out of the second 10 games.

Maybe it's in my head, maybe I start trying things and panic when I lose a couple, when in reality I shuold stick to my guns a bit longer! WHo knows!

Woth my Alfreton save at the moment, I went on a winning streak (in the bsp) in the 1st round of the fa cup, draw Truno. I thought to my self its a easy win, at home I drew, this made me lose my game in the league. So to the replay away, they dominate the game, cripple four of my players making me go down to ten men. Luckly for me I won in penalties. But this made me stutter in the league.

Archived