My List of Suggestions

Hi everybody,

I am really excited about the prospect of Football Manager 2011. I am even excited of the amount of suggestions and ideas that I am about to give to you. I really do hope Miles Jacobsen is viewing this post because some of the ideas and suggestions I feel should be imported and added into Football Manager 2011 or future Football Managers.

Players/Staff profile

-You should be able to compare coaching attributes like you can for players. For example I would like to compare one coach with another to see which one is best to add to my coaching staff

-When comparing players or coaches, it should tell me which player is better instead of relying on the overall or attributes. For example if I am comparing Kevin Philips with Rickie Lambert, it should tell me that Kevin Philips is better based on the attributes.

-In the history section under each player, appearances should be broken down. For example the history section should be able to tell me how many cup games, goals and other stats he has done for the club during the season. Also in the history section the substitute appearances should be brackets next the amount of games the player has started. For example appearances: 10(12)

Fans/Chairman section

-In the confidence section, fans should be more realistic with their reaction after the team has played a match. For example if Crystal Palace were playing Arsenal at home in a friendly and lost 2-1 but battled hard, played decent or didn’t get outplayed, the fans should say that they are pleased with the effort from the team although they lost the game instead of ‘disappointed that they lost to Arsenal’.

-When you are about to start your game, the chairman will ask you to choose a target for your team in the league. I think there should one where the chairman also asks you to set a target for cup competitions that the team is entered in for the season. For example you can set your target for Notts County to finish mid-table in League 1, achieve at least second round in the FA Cup, first round in the league cup and any other competitions that team is in. You should also receive money or a news headline from the chairman at the end of the season for the achievement of the expectation that you predicted at the beginning of the season.

-You should be able to apply to whatever club you want as a feeder club or affiliate. It can be rejected by the club or accepted but for the realistic clubs, there should be more of a chance of acceptance.

Scouting

-Under the scouting section, there should be a world map to show me how much knowledge the club has in that particular country. This will be indicated in different colours just like you would see in the current Football Manager.

-There should be a option for you to scout a particular club.

-(Don’t shoot me) but is it possible for Football Manager to get licence for every league in the world. Also to get player pictures and show attributes for every player in the world. (If this can’t be possible can someone please tell me why. Thank you).

Match Engine

-In 2D Mode, goalkeepers should attempt to drive the opposite way or the right direction instead of staying in the middle when a player places a shot.

-When a player WANTS to leave a club and does so, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. If a player moves to a rival club, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. This should be only when the player wants to move clubs or moves to a rival club. For example if Robbie Savage of Derby wants to leave the club and goes to Blackpool, when Blackpool play Derby at their ground, the home fans of Derby will boo at Robbie Savage whenever he touches the ball. If Cristiano Ronaldo moves to Barcelona the Real Madrid fans will boo Ronaldo because he moved to a rival club.

-When your scout or assistant manager tells you of a danger man, there should be a option ‘mark player with hard tacking’ instead of having to go to opposition instructions then choosing ‘tight marking’, ‘closing down’ etc.

-When entering into team talk, the background picture should be a picture of a changing room with each player’s shirt with their names and numbers. This includes new players who you have signed.

Player/ Staff Search

-There should be a subscription letting you know on an update of players available for loan or being transfer listed by a club. When you go onto player staff search you are not sure which players have been added into the ‘loan listed’ or ‘transfer listed’. Also if you have edited a filter, a subscription should let you know if new players or staff have been added to the list. For example if I set my filter to search for players who have an attribute of dribbling ‘16’ then any new players that enter into the list, I should be notified.

-In the shortlist section, there should be a sum of total value on the players your interested in. Also a sum of the total wages. For example if you have 5 players in your shortlist that you are interested in and you are planning to buy these players, the sum will give you an estimate on how much you are likely to spend on transfer fees and wages.

Transfers/Contracts

-If you make an offer for a player and club accepts but the player rejects the contract, instead of having to make another bid, the bid should stay in place and you chase the player by offering a contract in which you are trying to convince him to sign.

-Why did the ‘Assist Bonus’ clause disappear in Football Manager?

-Why did the choice of being able to offer your player(s) to particular clubs disappear? For example if I am managing Crystal Palace, I can offer Matt Lawerance to Gillingham, Yeovil and Huddlesfield.

Training

-When trailing a player you should be able to get a training report from your assistant manager or coaches on how well or bad he has performed during the week(s) he has been at the club. Also you should get a match report on how well or how bad he has done from your scouts, assistant manager and coaches.

- I have realised that whenever I start a new game and I set a training programme, you cannot see how well your players are doing in training during pre-season. When starting a new game, you should be able to see how well you players are doing during pre-season.

-If you want to improve players of a particular position in a particular attribute you should be able to train them specifically on that for a couple of weeks or months and get a feedback from your coaches or assistant manager to see if he has improved.

Tactics/First Team

-What happened to being able to make arrows to indicate runs?

-If you bring a youth player into the first team or he is under the age of 18, there should be an option which you can make the player available for under 18 matches like you can for reserves. For example if I bring Rhys Murphy into the Arsenal’s first team I can choose an option ‘make available for under 18’s’.

-Assistant Manager or coaches should tell you when a player needs a rest. (Maybe it is already in the backroom advice section).

Other

-Is it possible to make the game faster with a huge database? Whenever I want to make every league playable so I can be able to see every player, the game is very very slow. I hope the speed performance can improve.

Thank you for reading this and I hope my suggestions/ideas will taken seriously.

Hi everybody,

I am really excited about the prospect of Football Manager 2011. I am even excited of the amount of suggestions and ideas that I am about to give to you. I really do hope Miles Jacobsen is viewing this post because some of the ideas and suggestions I feel should be imported and added into Football Manager 2011 or future Football Managers.

Players/Staff profile

-You should be able to compare coaching attributes like you can for players. For example I would like to compare one coach with another to see which one is best to add to my coaching staff Good idea.

-When comparing players or coaches, it should tell me which player is better instead of relying on the overall or attributes. For example if I am comparing Kevin Philips with Rickie Lambert, it should tell me that Kevin Philips is better based on the attributes. No. That's what scout reports are for. If you compare players' attributes you can and might look at attributes for a specific role rather than who is better. On top of that attributes are of different importance for different positions or different roles. This just won't work properly.

-In the history section under each player, appearances should be broken down. For example the history section should be able to tell me how many cup games, goals and other stats he has done for the club during the season. Also in the history section the substitute appearances should be brackets next the amount of games the player has started. For example appearances: 10(12) It actually does already if you click on the respective season. Dunno why they changed it one or two years ago.

Fans/Chairman section

-In the confidence section, fans should be more realistic with their reaction after the team has played a match. For example if Crystal Palace were playing Arsenal at home in a friendly and lost 2-1 but battled hard, played decent or didn’t get outplayed, the fans should say that they are pleased with the effort from the team although they lost the game instead of ‘disappointed that they lost to Arsenal’. True

-When you are about to start your game, the chairman will ask you to choose a target for your team in the league. I think there should one where the chairman also asks you to set a target for cup competitions that the team is entered in for the season. For example you can set your target for Notts County to finish mid-table in League 1, achieve at least second round in the FA Cup, first round in the league cup and any other competitions that team is in. You should also receive money or a news headline from the chairman at the end of the season for the achievement of the expectation that you predicted at the beginning of the season. Disagree. Cup runs depend on the draws big time. Thus they are far less predictable than a league position and thus not subject to extended rl budget negotiations.

-You should be able to apply to whatever club you want as a feeder club or affiliate. It can be rejected by the club or accepted but for the realistic clubs, there should be more of a chance of acceptance. You can after some time and as it's not the business of you as the manager but of the board, it's fine that they don't let you ask for that from day 1 on.

Scouting

-Under the scouting section, there should be a world map to show me how much knowledge the club has in that particular country. This will be indicated in different colours just like you would see in the current Football Manager. Cosmetic, don't care

-There should be a option for you to scout a particular club. It actually happens for every opponent when you assign one of your scouts to it. The abilty to scout another club was in the game in earlier versions but added nothing really. This seems to be the first time that someone is missing that

-(Don’t shoot me) but is it possible for Football Manager to get licence for every league in the world. Also to get player pictures and show attributes for every player in the world. (If this can’t be possible can someone please tell me why. Thank you). LOL :D Licenses cost money and SI cannot afford too many of them. On top of that for instance germany have given a worls-exclusive license to EA and are not in the position to give SI a license even if they wanted to

Match Engine

-In 2D Mode, goalkeepers should attempt to drive the opposite way or the right direction instead of staying in the middle when a player places a shot. using 3D

-When a player WANTS to leave a club and does so, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. If a player moves to a rival club, the home fans of his ex-club should boo at him whenever he touches the ball. This should be only when the player wants to move clubs or moves to a rival club. For example if Robbie Savage of Derby wants to leave the club and goes to Blackpool, when Blackpool play Derby at their ground, the home fans of Derby will boo at Robbie Savage whenever he touches the ball. If Cristiano Ronaldo moves to Barcelona the Real Madrid fans will boo Ronaldo because he moved to a rival club. cosmetic, don't care. might be a nice touch though

-When your scout or assistant manager tells you of a danger man, there should be a option ‘mark player with hard tacking’ instead of having to go to opposition instructions then choosing ‘tight marking’, ‘closing down’ etc. man-marking and tight marking are different things in the first place. Doing what you want to do might not be right every time due to the skills of the opposition or their lack of your defenders, so being able to make those settings apart from each other at least more important than having an extra shortcut for making one specific setting.

-When entering into team talk, the background picture should be a picture of a changing room with each player’s shirt with their names and numbers. This includes new players who you have signed. cosmetic, don't care

Player/ Staff Search

-There should be a subscription letting you know on an update of players available for loan or being transfer listed by a club. When you go onto player staff search you are not sure which players have been added into the ‘loan listed’ or ‘transfer listed’. Also if you have edited a filter, a subscription should let you know if new players or staff have been added to the list. For example if I set my filter to search for players who have an attribute of dribbling ‘16’ then any new players that enter into the list, I should be notified. interesting thought. a running search? would be nice if that was possible. reminds me of taking the opportunity to suggest that it would be nice to get a news item about shortlisted players being transfer listed :thup:

-In the shortlist section, there should be a sum of total value on the players your interested in. Also a sum of the total wages. For example if you have 5 players in your shortlist that you are interested in and you are planning to buy these players, the sum will give you an estimate on how much you are likely to spend on transfer fees and wages. useless imho. I have 200+ players on my shortlist and I'm sure most people have exceeded the old CM2 limit of 16 ;)

Transfers/Contracts

-If you make an offer for a player and club accepts but the player rejects the contract, instead of having to make another bid, the bid should stay in place and you chase the player by offering a contract in which you are trying to convince him to sign. No. In most cases the other club will accept the same amount but sometimes they won't. That's accurate imo.

-Why did the ‘Assist Bonus’ clause disappear in Football Manager? I'm sure you'll be happy with the plenty of options you'll get in the improved FM11 negotiations menu. I never heard of some club paying an assist bonus irl btw

-Why did the choice of being able to offer your player(s) to particular clubs disappear? For example if I am managing Crystal Palace, I can offer Matt Lawerance to Gillingham, Yeovil and Huddlesfield. Why would you want to do that instead of offering them to anyone who might be interested????? Even if you for whatever reason want to sell to a specific club you can reject all other offers if that clubs makes an offer.

Training

-When trailing a player you should be able to get a training report from your assistant manager or coaches on how well or bad he has performed during the week(s) he has been at the club. Also you should get a match report on how well or how bad he has done from your scouts, assistant manager and coaches. you already get reports on training performance. And for matches there is the match rating. Don't see what a scout report should add here

- I have realised that whenever I start a new game and I set a training programme, you cannot see how well your players are doing in training during pre-season. When starting a new game, you should be able to see how well you players are doing during pre-season. I use the friendlies to judge. In FM we have the attributes which a rl manager does not have. To me they are what I would see in traing. Add the morale info to that and you don't need any training performance report.

-If you want to improve players of a particular position in a particular attribute you should be able to train them specifically on that for a couple of weeks or months and get a feedback from your coaches or assistant manager to see if he has improved. You will be able to do that in FM11 :)

Tactics/First Team

-What happened to being able to make arrows to indicate runs? Gone in FM10 in the new tactics mode as the system was misunderstood. You still have the arrows in the classic tactics mode as indicators for runs, but not as triggering positional changes as earlier

-If you bring a youth player into the first team or he is under the age of 18, there should be an option which you can make the player available for under 18 matches like you can for reserves. For example if I bring Rhys Murphy into the Arsenal’s first team I can choose an option ‘make available for under 18’s’. Agreed, though probably I wouldn't use it as a player who is good enough to be in the first team should not play reserves AND U18 and if only playing one of those should play reserves

-Assistant Manager or coaches should tell you when a player needs a rest. (Maybe it is already in the backroom advice section). Agreed. I'm also not sure whether that may be in already

Other

-Is it possible to make the game faster with a huge database? Whenever I want to make every league playable so I can be able to see every player, the game is very very slow. I hope the speed performance can improve. Do n't expect too much here. The amount of data to be processed for every single team, player, league and match in the world is far beyond belief

Thank you for reading this and I hope my suggestions/ideas will taken seriously.

My two cents up there in bold

Archived